Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Arrgh-ust

Keeping with the punny month titles... 

Yes, I'm about to cast off from summer break and re-enter the chummy waters of middle school. With overcrowded classes, raging hormones, and general shenanigans, I vow to keep these lily-livered scallywags from mutiny, even if I have to make them walk the plank! Every day is a whale of a tale.

Well, that was fun =D
Happy IWSG day. I'm so close to finishing my edits on LEFTY, my new murder mystery series, and now I have to get ready for school. I'm hoping this year will be less crazy than last as I have a curriculum all set up. A few new things, but should be less stressful and more time to devote to getting this thing done! 

Excited, but also anxious for the next phases:
  • Querying - seek agents, write a fantastic blurb, prepare for rejections
  • Get a Cover!
  • work on POP TRAVEL #5 MAGNETRON while waiting to be rejected
Author life.

Hope you're doing well. I miss blog hops that connected us to other writers as a closer knit community. Those were good times! The world has changed, and will again.

Remember: When life gives you lemons...


10 comments:

Tyrean Martinson said...

Happy Lemonade day! :)

Pat Garcia said...

Hi,
it sounds like yyou have some busy days ahead. All the best.
Shalom shalom

M.J. Fifield said...

Hooray for all the progress you're making on Lefty!!
And I had no idea there was a National Lemonade Day. Fun.
Hope you have a great school year!

Crystal Collier said...

Edits always take longer than anticipated, eh?

Yeah... All the authors who are gone from the blogosphere, all the connections that have broken, I try not to think about it except with smiles and fond memories.

Sending you cheese to help meet those goals!

cleemckenzie said...

Didn't summer just start? I've just warmed up and now it's back to school. This is not fair.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on almost finishing your draft. And good luck when you start querying. Some of the agents I interview at Literary Rambles also represent adult fiction. You might want to check out the interviews as you sort through agents to query.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope you have the time you need to finish!

Jenni said...

I'm a former teacher, so I can relate to the back-to-school busy-ness. I used to pretty much write off September and even October for getting much writing done. Good luck with your querying!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Yay for progress and good luck with the school year! I miss blog hops, too. I was wondering if I just don't see them happening because I'm not around as much, but maybe not.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Murder-mystery - fun! Good luck with those little rascals.

Popular Posts