Monday, October 20, 2014

Prioritizing, Maximizing, Economizing

Are you too busy? Do things keep interrupting your schedule? (like stink bugs! lost keys! computer viruses! argh!) Well, that's life, ain't it. I had a packed week, but I wouldn't have it any other way. And the only way I can stay sane is to organize. Here's how I roll...
  • prioritize what I need to get done and put the most necessary "have-to" things at the top of the list, then when I finish I can work on the "want-to" things!
  • I also maximize my time by doing everything I can in one area before moving on to the next.
  • My lists help me economize my time and energy - if I don't write things down, I'll forget something, never fails!
So here's what I was up to... (besides work, chores, and running kids around, that is!)

  • My little guy turned ELEVEN on Thursday. I was happy that he let me sit with him and his friends for lunch - he's the best!
  • The party was Friday - indoor go karting then Dairy Queen with five crazy boys - the SUV was hopping all over town! But mom only let one of them spend the night.
  • Then, as fate/facebook would have it, I found a fundraising VENDOR SHOW (for a very good cause!) at my local community center that needed more sellers. Of course I offered to buy a table (the price & location were perfect!) So Saturday I threw together a raffle basket, set up my table, and sold a few books! alongside jewelry, bag, makeup, and food purveyors. It was awesome! And I even won one of the raffles! Woot! Here's my basket...
  • But that's not all! I also went out for the evening with my husband and some friends to another fundraiser party - the high school's Baseball Bash.
  • And during the spare moments, I'm avidly working on the rough draft of CRADLE ROCK (sequel to Broken Branch Falls) - Don't tell anyone, but I might get to finish it and keep track of my own little NANO! Shh! I don't want to jinx it!
And saving the best for last is what I do - check out Cathrina's hot new cover!!

Title: Wickedly They Dream
Release Date: November 5, 2014
Genre: Paranormal Thriller/Fantasy

Here is the Blurb:
After Seeley is possessed by an evil wraith, Jordan must dig deeper into the Satanic realm. Against Markus’s direct orders, she offers herself, body and soul in a blood covenant to rescue Seeley from the clutches of hell. Jordan assumes her guardian angel will not leave her to fight alone. But there’s trouble in paradise, and Markus has been reassigned. Can Jordan defeat both her internal and external demons to win him back? Or is he gone for good this time?

Find Cathrina here:

Facebook  --  Web  --  Blog  --  Twitter 

19 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

"My lists help me economize my time and energy" - I like this Tara! I've never thought of it that way before :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You did have a busy week. Happy birthday to your son. Go Karts are a blast.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I make lists to keep my organized. My problem is everything takes longer than I expect.

LD Masterson said...

I do lists to help me remember but also for motivation. I'm one of those people who loves checking things off my list.

Happy birthday to your son.

A Beer for the Shower said...

A belated happy birthday to your son! Go karts and Dairy Queen sounds like my idea of a killer birthday party and I'm almost three times his age.

Carrie-Anne said...

Happy birthday to your son!

I'm horrible about to-do lists, probably something I inherited from my maternal grandma and her lackadaisical, casual attitude. It's at odds with my pride in being half-German and doing certain other things Germans are known for, like paying a lot of attention to details and making sure things are perfect,

Angela Brown said...

You were a busy bee buzzing all over the place. I'm glad you had a chance to get things done by using those helpful hints you shared today.

And Happy Belated Birthday to your son!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You gave your son a great birthday. We have a women's event coming up soon and I need to make a basket as pretty as yours for the event.

Kelly Steel said...

Happy birthday to your son. You had such a full week.

Unknown said...

Wow, you had an exciting week. Love the Wickedly they Dream cover :)

Liz A. said...

For some reason, I get more done in my busy weeks than in my dead weeks. I guess when I'm busy, it's easier to get things done.

Rhonda Albom said...

So, what's in the basket? happy birthday to your boy.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tara .. happy birthday to the 11 year old and congrats to you two .. Mum and Dad. The karting sounds fun - as well as joining in all things community ...

I list make .. but still get muddled and rush .. cheers Hilary

Loni Townsend said...

Whooboy! You are busy. Someday, I hope to be able to make lists and stay organized too.

Heather R. Holden said...

I love keeping lists, too, but still find it hard to keep everything balanced sometimes. I should probably start trying your prioritizing and maximizing techniques!

And whoa, it definitely sounds like you've been busy lately. That fundraising vendor show sounds like it was heaps of fun!

Suzi said...

I need to write stuff down too because I will always forget something.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wow! Tons of awesomeness!!! Great celebrations! Happy Birthday to your son!

And congrats to Cathrina!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Happy Birthday to your young man.

I always wondered how you got it all done! I have to write everything down. But then I have been known to lose the list. Sigh.

Miranda Hardy said...

I'm a list person, too. You're a busy lady, so I'm sure you need those lists.

Popular Posts