And Happy First IWSG of the New Year!
This year I invite you to join me as I challenge myself to reach more readers. I have tried several avenues and attempted many ventures, but I know I could do better. I put together a small list of things for us to try or improve upon...
- A Newsletter - I have a quarterly one that links to my Newsy Blog, but I need to improve it. I have a hard time with it because it's all about me and I really hate to sound like I'm bragging - it's pure fear and adrenaline, but I try to make it sound positive...
- Offer giveaways
- Keep it short and informative
- Don't send it too often
- Always have a signup sheet at events
- The Blog/Author page - I'm still deciding what I want to do. I definitely need to neaten it up and make it more professional-looking...
- Book Events - I love doing these, but I need to be more pro-active and reach out to schools and organizations...
- Marketing - the dreaded.
- More creative videos - let's get viral! See my Cradle Rock guest post at L. Diane Wolf's on Monday (1/9) for some ideas on author videos!
- Pay for ads on social media - sometimes a little will get you a lot
- Better giveaway campaigns - with a group? with cooler prizes? hmm...
- Shiny New Ideas
- With recent feedback, I'll be revising my Pop Travel screenplay - I'm determined!
- I'm also outlining a new story - taking a break from my two series once they both have three books. Yes, I can see it within my reach.
Let's break barriers! Let's move mountains! Let's finish what we start!
I will take any and all advice you guys have. Join in the fun in planning and dreaming!
Lastly, I have a few stops left for my CRADLE ROCK Release Party!
|1/9||L. Diane Wolfe||Marketing Tips - Live & Online|
|1/16||C Lee McKenzie||Grownup Stereotypes|
|1/11||M. J. Fifield||Crazy Road Trip|
|1/25||Crystal Collier||Poetry & Songs in Stories - Writerly Wed|
I'm also happy to announce the winners from my Cradle Rock Release Party December Giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway