Monday, April 16, 2018

#WritersLife Survey 17 - Are we A-Mused? and Raffle!

All writers need inspiration. Some have invisible helpers and some have real life ones. Muses come in many shapes and forms... No matter where we get it, we all need encouragement and ideas to get through some tough writing situations sometimes.

I have several muses... First there's Murray. He's like a Fairy-God-Brother - a guy's guy through and through even though he wears a pink robe and flies around with delicate gossamer wings. He's a total slob and very cynical, but also a riot. He helps me most with my Pop Travel series.

Then there's my teenage ogress, Oafeelia. Full of attitude, sometimes an airhead, and loves to gossip, but great for giving me tips on teens for Beast World.

Lastly, there Grumpy Cat. He's my favorite. I love to torture him. He just stares at me, like, "Why aren't you writing?" He cracks me up, but I don't think he likes when I laugh at how cute he is!


What about you? Do you have a muse or two?



SPECIAL NOTE! This month, anyone who takes the survey can be entered into a raffle for a $10 gift card or an UnPrincess Novella in honor of the latest release: PRINCESS B!

Twelve-year-old Bria Randall is the “man” of the house, now that her older brother Kendrick went missing. Though caring for little sis Shae is a tough job, she does what needs done. When Princess B finds a stuffed dragon keychain, he gives her some magical help to stand up to the evils that threaten and comforts them as Kendrick once did. But some things Princess B must face alone. She’ll do anything for a happy ending.
 Print Copy and on Amazon

Thanks for playing! Results coming May 2

13 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I like your Grumpy Cat.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Fun survey!

cleemckenzie said...

I think I need to name my muse!

H. R. Sinclair said...

This cracked me up!
"I hear voices, but not sure if they're muses."

Tyrean Martinson said...

I love it!
I have three imaginary muses, too. They are a Monster who eats away all the garbage drafts and threatens to stomp on my keyboard, a helpful librarian, and a scary-high-heeled-professional-editor.
Thanks for sharing your muses, Tara!

Christine Rains said...

I loved hearing about your muses! My muse is demanding to say the least. And distracting!

Juneta key said...

Love the survey.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I wouldn't want to upset Grumpy Cat!

The Silver Fox said...

I don't always have (or need) a muse, but off and on throughout my life, I've considered various real people to be my muse.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Oh my gosh! I actually caught one of your surveys. Yes! I answered all the questions. Didn't enter in the giveaway, though. This was fun and it got me thinking about the necessity of my muse. I think I need a few more.

Donna Smith said...

I am a-mused or be-mused and confused by myself I guess. There’s no one talking in here but me with me. I’m pretty hard on me some days. Other days I just don’t show up. It’s peaceful then but I don’t get much done when I’m not there to prod me on.

Sherry Ellis said...

I didn't know Grumpy Cat was in a stuffed animal form now. Cool! I think I just read in Parade Magazine that Grumpy Cat earns a lot of money. Much more than me!

Unknown said...

For me whatever story I happen to be writing is my muse. That's what inspires me to keep going and tells me what I'm doing wrong.

Popular Posts