Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Writers Keep Writing!

School's Out!!
We've all been put out of our misery enduring the online learning rigmarole! I'm curious how many of you had to deal with home schooling? As teachers? With kids at home? I was lucky to have a highschooler and a college kid who could function on their own. Several of my teacher friends had to work both sides of it. And I saw a few tik-toks I could commiserate with about kids not turning in their work and/or cheating... quite funny, but I sure hope we don't have to go through it again in the Fall! There's talk of several alternate solutions--from having 1/2 the kids go every other day to waiting to see if another rash of sickness hits and switching to online temporarily to get over it... I'm glad they're thinking ahead!

And how about working? How many of you are working from home? Going back to work? Or looking for work? I know people in every category, but my area wasn't hit very hard so most people are happy to get back to almost normal. I'm thankful for the medical community and all the volunteering I see to help those who are hurting. Hopefully we'll turn it around soon!

Well, we writers keep writing through it all, right? =D
Now that school's out, I'm excited to continue working on my Pop Travel #4 CONDUCTION and UnPrincess #4 GERTRUDE, the Nerdy Princess. I also have a lot of maintenance to do, on the blog and other stuff. And looking forward to getting out and doing an event or two in the Fall!


And to show you writers don't let grass grow under them, here are not one, but TWO FANTASTIC RELEASES you're sure to ENJOY!

A QUICK BITE
by Patricia Josephine

Vampires.
Werewolves.
Zombies.
These monsters tickle our imagination.
Sink your teeth into a collection of tales about paranormal creatures that go bump in the night. Each story is told in exactly 200 words and designed to give you a quick bite no matter how busy your day is.

Are you hungry?

Amazon for 99 cents

Sounds like a delectable collection of short stories!



AND... another paranormal delight with a bit of Special Effects...


MATEO'S LAW
by Sandra Cox

A modern day, shape-shifting sheriff.
He’s the sheriff of a sparsely populated county in Montana. His blood brother and childhood best friend is Chief of Police on the Blackfoot Reservation, but they no longer speak. His deputy is a Southern transplant with the body of a high-priced call girl, a voice of honey and a mouth of a trucker. And if that’s not enough, he’s got a secret that would stun those that know him best. Other than that, it’s business as usual for Sheriff Mateo Grey.




Sandra is a vegetarian, animal lover and avid gardener. She lives with her husband, their dog and cats in sunny North Carolina. Her stories consist of all things western…and more. She is a category bestselling Amazon author, Eppie finalist and Golden Ankh Award winner.





I'm excited to have more reading and writing time this summer! 
And try new things! And go places!
How about you? What are you excited to do this summer?
Are you ready to venture out? Let's go!


9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations to both authors.
No kids, but know many who dealt with that mess.
Been working every day. Looking forward to our gyms opening this weekend though.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I have a teacher friend who also has 4 kids, 3 in grade school. She said there were days she wanted to quit both teacher and mommy!

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on the books - I loved A Quick Bite!

Heather R. Holden said...

I'm fortunate that I had been working from home before this pandemic, so that part of my life didn't get shaken up much. I can only imagine how stressful it must've been to adjust to online teaching. Glad you can finally focus on your projects more fully, now that summer is here!

And many congrats to Patricia and Sandra! Both books sound so fun and amazing. ^_^

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks for the shoutout, Tara. Much appreciated.
Several family members teach and had to switch from seated to online. Lots of work. Kudos for taking it on. Enjoy your summer.

M.J. Fifield said...

No kids and no longer teaching, but I heard many tales of homeschooling from both my niece and my sister, and a few friends. I salute all the teachers and parents and students for adapting and persevering!

Congrats to both Patricia and Sandra!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tara - great to see Patricia's book, with its striking cover, here, as well as Sandra's new book ... and well done you on keeping on writing.

Kids and teachers ... I feel for them - one wonders what we'll think about this time in 25 years ... I might just be here!! I'm glad I'm where I'm at though ... just getting on with making sure I've a clean slate for that next quarter of my life ... and blogging of course.

Take care and look after you and yours - Hilary

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Got my hand sanitizer today! You could not have picked a more perfect promo item.

Yolanda Renée said...

Love it! And so true, writer's write! It's the best thing to do in all situations!

Popular Posts