Wednesday, June 1, 2022

What happened to May?

I can't believe I missed a whole month!
Well, yes I can. Here's how it went...

It all started in April as stressful wedding plans culminated into beautiful nuptials in Charleston, SC on May 1:
my middle son and his new bride




Then as soon as we returned home, I had to:
    1) motivate my youngest son to fulfill his graduation responsibilities and help him get ready for his PROM!
    2) reign in the seniors that I teach for their last days and do little gifts for them
    3) finish organizing and planning my son's graduation party
    4) go to 2 graduations - one where I teach, then my son's
    5) finalize, set up, and finally enjoy my son's grad party -- to close the month on Memorial Day!




Not to mention, while all those major events were going on, I attended baseball games, awards dinners, senior night, emptied my classroom for summer, printed pictures, had a few crying sessions, and scrounged up time to get some regular chores done... And now, it's June. I can't believe I survived!


As I embark on summer break, I hope to find a spark to write. I've caught glimpses of poems floating around in my head, possibly lyrics, or maybe even a short story... I'm wishful thinking!

Hope you are enjoying warmer weather and sunnier days.

And may you find inspiration among the mundane madness!
I plan to visit around the blogs this summer - it's been too long!

10 comments:

Nick Wilford said...

What a month! Congrats to both your boys! I can see how writing took a back seat. Hopefully the summer brings a bit more chill time your way.

M.J. Fifield said...

What a full and exciting month! Congratulations to both your boys!

Hope you now enjoy a well-earned summer break!

E. Arroyo said...

Wow, you've been busy! They grow up so fast. Mine still hasn't gotten married. I'm so ready. He's not. lol Make sure you pat yourself on the back for being an awesome mom!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wowser. I remember having Mays like that when my children were younger. Congrats too your boys on their milestones.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations to your boys! And you for surviving. Now you have almost three months just for you.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tara - lovely photos and congratulations on one son's wedding, and the others graduation ... and yes you have been busy - congratulations on enjoying May! Happy June and summer time, as well as inspirational ideas for June and onwards - cheers Hilary

Anonymous said...

What a busy month. Time to enjoy your summer.

Kim Lajevardi said...

What a busy month. Time to enjoy your summer.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You were a bit busy!

cleemckenzie said...

Now you can take some time to ease into your hammock! At least I hope so. You had a lot going on!

Popular Posts