Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Ought-tober

Well, I made it to another Insecure Writer Support Group... Wasn't sure I would as I've been riding a downward trend for quite a while. 

I'm thankful for the up-days, but they don't seem to last long. The hardest days are when I can't pull myself out of a funk. Luckily, a good night's rest helps me start fresh. I'm very thankful for being able to get any sleep with everything I'm dealing with. And I'm super thankful for positive vibes from my family. They help me without even trying. Hey, this sounds more like a November - Thankful post!

Without getting too specific, I decided to write a poem...

I ought not worry, always in such a hurry.
I ought stop and wait, not speak out in hate.
I ought trust in the Lord, like my mom with her sword.
I ought be more kind, more patient in mind.
I ought to be humble, help others who stumble.

I know what I ought, but I'm terribly frought
One day at a time, I ought to be fine.


There were a couple of bright spots that kept the stressful day-to-days at bay for a bit.

    1)  I got to spend time with some family at Disney World. I love to make them laugh =D

AND

    2)  I met my long-time writer friend, MJ Fifield! We got together in the middle for yummy breakfast, walking around, and especially talking! We spoke like old familiar friends. It was so great getting to know her. Hopefully, we can do it again soon.

They were the best two days in Sept. Hope to have more to come.
Surely, there ought to be!

No comments:

Popular Posts