Monday, November 8, 2010

Junk mail pile up

I hate waste. This is the worst time of year for it too. So much junk mail. Today my youngest got the mail for me and he kept dropping all the magazines and flyers on his way from the mailbox.

But it isn't just in the obvious forms. The stuff I really hate is the sneaky stuff. The extra ads, coupons and offers in my bills. Even attached to the stinking envelope! And the extra receipts. Please take our survey online for a coupon. My paper recycling piles up so fast!

If anyone really cared about saving trees, they would start with a ban on junk mail of all kinds.

I should help too by banking online. I guess I'm just not ready to let go of the physical bills and checks. It just seems too easy for people to mess with my bank account, or make mistakes, transpose a couple of numbers and poof, no money! It's happened to me a couple of times, only with small amounts, thank goodness. But leaving it all up to computers is just too scary. Some day. But not today.

1 comment:

Joanna Bender said...

As soon as I pick up the mail I glean through the trash for the "real" mail and throw away the rest. I shred the junk mail advertisements like the ones to renew my magazine subscriptions for another two years.

Popular Posts