I've seen lots of you guys doing this MEME. I love reading about what you are writing! I was going to talk about my current WIP, but Candilynn suggested I use POP TRAVEL. I have been so focused on my new story, it will be nice to talk about the one I'm querying.
What is the working title of your book?
Where did the idea come from?
All the intensified airport security – the exposing, humiliating procedures. Pop Travel doesn’t eliminate them, but I use a less invasive method and dogs, not frisking.
What genre does your book fall under?
It really doesn’t seem to have a main genre. I say sci fi thriller, but I’ve had writing professionals tell me different things. It’s an action adventure, near future, noir thriller…any help there would be great. In queries I just call it a thriller and add that it's an action/adventure, comparing it to a mixture of Romancing the Stone and I, Robot.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?
I love this question and did a blog hop on it. Leonardo di Caprio, Reese Witherspoon, and Aziz Ansari
What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
While millions of people pop travel to teleport every day, ignorant that abusers disintegrate, J.L. Cooper must elude the cunning executives at Pop Travel International to expose the flaw or his brother could be next.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Hoping for representation. Got first request for full and waiting on that. Self-publication takes too much time and money that I don’t have!
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
A few months? I’ve been editing so long, I forget!
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I love Michael Crichton. I originally wrote this idea to send to him. After he passed, I was sorely sad, but thought why not write it myself.
What else about your book would pique the reader's interest?
Besides the action, the technology is plausible – we writers write the future of technology! And the characters are funny and quirky, very likable.
I pass this on to these extraordinary people to tell us about their WIPs!
And my lovely friend, Chandara (Elizabeth Arroyo) gave me the adorable Daisy Award. Thanks, girl!
I'm supposed to list 7 weird things about myself. I'm not weird! Well, I guess I am...
- I love dragonflies. When I was a kid I dreamt of being their queen. Worship me, dragonflies =)
- Dogs and kids are drawn to me. I think I relate to them better than other adults, we're so judgy.
- I have vitiligo. White patches where my skin pigment dies. I hate it, but there's not much to be done about it...could be worse.
- I showercize - a Lazy Housewife thing to do. More on that later.
- I never have all the ingredients when I cook. I'm terrible at taking inventory - phooey! I thought I had more of that! So I improvise. The results are usually good and I don't tell until I get reviewed.
- I can't stand being the same as everyone else. I have to be different, give things my own twist. I cut up t-shirts, add a splash of color, come up with my own hairstyles, etc. Nothing crazy, but enough to identify me as an individual.
- Besides singing my heart out in the car, I mouth the words listening to my ipod when I'm grocery shopping. I like to make people smile with my weirdness =)
I am giving the Crazy Daisy to...