Food! I hate cooking. Well, I like to cook, but deciding what to make for dinner and forcing us all to eat healthier is exasperating! And cooking is another under appreciated bit of hard work, with preparation and clean up taking 5X as long as the consumption.
Okay. Enough complaining. Here are the TIPS:
- Grocery shopping - planning meals in advance makes shopping more efficient (fave LHW word). I only go once a week because I don't have time to run to the grocery every day. I also have a pre-printed list in store order (yes, I need organization)
- What's for Dinner? - I jot down meals (from above) so when I am constantly asked this question multiple times, I point to the list.
- Appropriate portions - don't over eat and don't skimp on the good stuff. ** TIP: ever use individual fruit cups? I have stocked up - they are awesome for dipping (from ketchup to syrup to ranch dressing) and perfect for portion control (and they keep the veggies from touching the meatloaf)
- Party Time! - I love potlucks. I get to try out new recipes on my friends, the guinea pigs. If they like it, I claim it!
- Substitution - use your cookbook or the internet - if you don't have certain items, most can be substituted and you don't have to tell...
- Crock pots - use them! ** TIP: did you know they make liners for them now? easy clean up!
- Helpers and Cookie Dough - these are total time savers and usually taste pretty good. Unfortunately, they aren't the healthiest choices, so read labels and don't use all the time.
- Music! - to make food preparation more pleasant, I listen to my music (I also listen to my ipod when I grocery shop - everything is better with music!)
- More food tips with other letters
brought to you by Curiosity Quills
commonly confused "F" words:
farther (implies physical distance) / further (advancement along a nonphyscial dimension; to a greater degree)
faze (v. to disturb) / phase (n. a stage in a series or cycle)
fiancee (female) / fiance (male)
florescent (adj. referring to the satte of flourishing) / fluorescent (adj. brilliantly colored and giving off light)
BONUS - F compound words
face-off facedown farfetched fever-pitch
fiberglass firepower flip-flop full-blown
Find more A to Z posts here, LOTS more!