Optimism. Time for another boost of Optimism! Being a lazy housewife/husband is hard and discouraging. We need Others to vent to and lift us up when we are down so we can carry on. Who else would do our job? Our families need us! TIPS for staying Optimistic:
- Pause - with all the gaming, the term "pause" is used more frequently. I tell the kids at home and at school to pause what they are doing so I can tell them something and it gets their attention. But we need to pause too. When I get angry or irritated and start snapping at everyone, I have to take a break, do something that makes me happy - talk with a friend, play a game with my boys, take a walk. Reboot!
- Don't Overdo! - everyone has a limit, even Wonder Woman was vulnerable sometimes. You have to gauge yourself and not take on too much - it stresses you out and you get cranky and yell and then the kids yell and then the hub yells, a very nasty cycle forms. Head it off before it starts. See the above tip.
- Exercise - have I said this before? I say it a lot because so many of us need to do it more, especially me. I'm hoping if I say it more, I might actually heed my own advice!
- Sleep - Lack of sleep = lack of patience = not happy!
- Others - don't be afraid to lean. We were not put here to be alone. Reach out - someone is bound to put that smile back on your face - and you will help them right back.
And here are "Six Weird Things that Make You Happy" from Prevention (1/13):
- Tearjerker Movies - they make you remember why you love your loved ones
- Aging - what? I know, right? Apparently as we age our neurons react less to negative things, therefore we are more positive! (Another amazing thing God does for us)
- A Fake Smile - smiling, fake or real, eases stress and boosts your mood
- Thursdays - (that's tomorrow!) it's the upsweep to the weekend! we made it through the first three days and over the hump!
- Doing Less for Your Kids - I like this one. Mothers who worry too much about making their kids happy are usually more depressed. Lighten up. (I must be ecstatic!)
- Reading a Newspaper - get your hands dirty! Happier people read the real thing, according to a study.
brought to you by Curiosity Quills
Only - only follows the word it modifies, as an adverb. when in doubt, put it after the verb, unless used as an adjective.
of - a filler word, most can be removed.
commonly misused "O" word: okay (not ok!)
O compound words
off balance off-duty offtrack old-fashioned
once-over online out-of-body over(anything) - no hyphen
Find more A to Z posts here.