- Many of you might have heard, but Google Reader is going bye-bye! I do not like how fast things change these days. Technology seems to be on drugs - faster, faster, faster!!! more, more, more!!! Well, at least there are alternatives, here are some articles with recommendations - one, two, three ... what a pain in the behind!
- And in other bad news... Jane Friedman, had this post on her site about when we should quit blogging! At first, I was like, "Quit blogging? Never!" But after thinking about it, I admit that I can see myself easing back as I turn the corner to dedicate time to marketing and more writing. Newer bloggers have so much to gain, while seasoned bloggers may start to see repetitive posts and feel like, been there done that. I think you just have to evaluate what you want from blogging. Julie got a discussion going about this on Friday. I don't feel ready to give it up any time soon, but I also don't see me doing it forever. When it becomes more of a chore than a joy, then it might be time to move on... but my bloggy friends will stay friends if I can help it!
- DL Hammond has come up with another way to pass on encouragement! The Blog Blitz! Everyone who particpates will gang up and surprise one blogger with positive comments all day. Go sign up or at least check it out. It's easy and fun!
- Angela Brown is hosting a Reader Appreciation event on Goodreads - lots of prizes! go see!
And now the groovy movie news!
Here are my top ten movies for Alex's Movie Blogfest! (in no particular order)
- Star Wars (4, 5, 6)
- the Avengers
- the Incredibles
- Pirates of the Caribbean (1, 2, 3)
- Matrix (1, 2, 3)
- Indiana Jones (1, 2, 3)
- Sherlock Holmes (1, 2, +)
- Despicable Me
- Disney - Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Hercules
- How to Train Your Dragon
I am all over those animated movies - apparently action/adventure and comedy are essential, plus a little heartstrings. And as a bonus, here are some other movie favorites...
Favorite B&W stars: Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers
Favorite Musicals: Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Wizard of Oz
Favorite Rom Coms: Housesitter, French Kiss, The Holiday
There are so many fantastic movies and I know I'm going to see some of yours and want to add them to my list, but these are the ones I watch over and over again.
So heard the bad news? Got some good news? And I will be checking out your groovy movie news!!