Today is the day we share our A to Z challenge THEMES in a hop hosted by Mina Lobo and David Macaulay. And even if you don't have a theme, I hope you are signed up because it's going to be an epic, record breaking year!
I had two goals in mind when I started this blog...
To improve my writing for publication
To pass on my Lazy Housewife advice
This year I am going to share what I've learned from both of those areas...
Tips from the messy countertop of the Lazy Housewife...
brought to you by Curiosity Quills
So there you have it, my duo theme. And don't worry, I know how to maximize space!
Speaking of maximize, while I have your A to Z attention, I would like to share some posting tips to maximize yours and your readers' experiences! And these suggestions don't have to be permanent, you could just give them a try for the challenge...
- clean up that side bar! loading blogs can be slow, especially if you have twitter feeds, videos, etc.
- comments as a pop up - so we load your page, wait, then we click to comment at the bottom of the post and the page reloads, wait, wait,wait - if your comments pop up in a different screen, it's much quicker
- update your google plus profile - when I click on a person who has commented on my blog, I see their profile and find their blog link to visit back. If you have blogger, you may have upgraded to google plus. Please make sure your blog link is clearly identified, I have several friends whom I have to search for their blog because it is not in their google plus profile... make it easy for people to find you!
- know your number - another way to help people find you is to know your number in the megalong A to Z list. You can leave it in the comments. The numbers change, especially in the first week, thanks to the minions weeding out spam and such, so your number will be approximate. Last time I checked I was 177, now I'm 174.
- other items that are just good blogging you probably already do:
- remove captcha!!! please, for the love of blogging! and by all means, use this badge to promote the cause!
- be nice or don't comment
- try to reciprocate - this is why having the posts pre-written is a great idea. It gives us time to visit without worrying about our next letter... J and V were the hardest for me!