From the messy countertop of the Lazy Housewife...
Walking. Simple, yet effective. And a great way to multitask. Walking, requires little brain power, you just try not to walk into things like oncoming traffic, and don't trip. And watch out for that goose poop! Yuck! But here are a few of the many advantages and some TIPS for walking:Editing Tips
- Exercise - the most obvious. Get up offa that thing! (courtesy James Brown)
- Reduces Stress - gives you time to think and sort things out... or not think
- Energizes - you just feel better after a good walk, ready to take on the next big thing, or be the next big thing!
- Fresh air - being outside on a nice day just puts a smile on my face
- Listen - to a book, music, or nature
- Take the dog - if you have one, they need exercise too, and they are great walking partners.
- Take a friend - the walk goes by so fast when you're gabbing with a friend
- Treadmill - if you can't go outside, a treadmill has the same benefits, except the outside stuff. but on a treadmill, you can read or blog or catch up on a show
- Celebrate the Small Things! Every Friday, my friend Vikki hosts a hop for us to support each other in our weekly accomplishments
- Express Yourself! Danielle and Jackie get your week going by giving you a Monday topic to blog about
BTW, from yesterday, Velcro was invented in 1948 by a Swiss engineer (George de Mestral) who got the idea from burrs sticking to his dog!
brought to you by Curiosity Quills
was - weak! telling. need ACTION! can have some, but replace most.
commonly confused "W" words:
wander (to roam aimlessly) / wonder (to have curiosity or doubt)
wrack (n, wreckage, ruin) / rack (v, to strain, torture, or torment)
wreak (to vent, bring about, or inflict upon a person) / reek (to give off fumes or unpleasant odor)
woke / awoke (use awoke unless using woke up)
Find more A to Z posts here.