Moving. A part of life for most of us. When I was a kid I think I moved about ten times in the same city, then a cross country move and a few more moves after that. After college, I moved around a bunch too. Since I've been married, we moved every time I got pregnant (three times). This is the longest I've lived in one house - ten years!!! So I think I know a thing or two about how to move efficiently.Editing Tips
Here are my Moving TIPS:
Here are my Moving TIPS:
- Showing the house - Can't stand it! Worst part of moving. Especially with little ones and pets. Keeping the house decent is impossible as it is, but showroom clean? Ha!
- Unless you are desperate, make showing times known, if they are seriously interested, they will work with you.
- Have places to go - a neighbor, a park, a store, etc.
- Get into a routine of making beds & keeping bedrooms neat in the morning (uh, no, I don't do that on a regular basis)
- Keep some rooms off limits for playing in during this hectic time
- For spur of the moment showings, have bins for toys, clear surfaces & floors of debris, flush the toilets, and screw the rest - what do they expect, they called at the last minute!
- the ideal situation: move out before selling - then it's clean and empty... but it's not very feasible
- Making friends - I had more difficulty with this than the kids did - if we moved now, they would have a tough time because they've been here most of their lives. But I moved so much, as soon as I found a good friend, I had to go. Now it's the opposite - I make a good friend and THEY move!
- Regardless, we need friends. Great places to make friends: church, activities, moms with kids in activities or on teams with yours, mom parties - worth going!
- Decor - moving so much, I never got into decorating. Many of my walls and windows are still bare. What's the point when I'll just have to take it all down. And what if it doesn't fit in the new house? So here are standard decorating ideas that will move with you.
- frame your kids' art work (idea stolen from my Sis)
- photos are timeless
- moving gives you a reason to go shopping for new decor, enjoy it!
- my window treatment cheat - sheets! they are awesome!
- Before you move in - these days you have to register for school and sports well in advance. Do your research! And look into the activities you like to do, too!
- Take heart! Don't lament your move. There are good people out there, waiting for a friend like you!
|cheat sheet curtain =)|
brought to you by Curiosity Quills
commonly confused "M" words:
metal / mettle (true grit, nerve) / meddle (to interfere)
M Compound words
makeup ma'am or Ma'am man-made marketplace
matter-of-fact midafternoon midday midlife
midpoint midwestern mind-blowing miniskirt
mixed-up monkey wrench moreover mouthwatering
M Extra!! Get Monthly Support from the
Find more A to Z posts here.