I wasn't planning to write anything, but I have to tell you about my thrilling weekend, a totally high/low time - just like a rollercoaster.
The losing started Thursday evening. My poor little guy's team is good, but since we won our division last year, we were forced to play up. We're not that good, so the other teams have been beating us and it SUCKS! Luckily, the boys get over it quickly with an ice cream or a swim. So, from Thurs to Sat we lost four games. My oldest team is very good, but I got the privilege to watch them lose their first two tournament games, as well.
But the lows continued. Little things kept going wrong. I spilled my coffee, slammed my finger, and then there was, The Hotel. An older specimen with a slow elevator and printed warning signs all over the place, a broken window here, one slow elevator that broke (yes, we were on the third floor), and to top it all off, one of the moms found a bed bug. We checked out.
In a deep depression at all the loss and bad luck, I went home to my dog, had a drink, and watched a movie - The Silver Linings Playbook. That was so SWEET! And in the morning, I wrote. That helped! I even finished my rough draft of Simulation! The rest goes like this:
- HIGH - got a call the boys won their morning game and would play for championship!
- TORN - am I a jinx? should I stay home? No! I should go back! I'm NOT a jinx, that's rubbish!
- LOW - fifteen minutes into hour drive, accident ahead causes standstill, for THIRTY minutes.
- HIGH - arrive on time and see boys play and have great attitudes!
- LOW - for my son's first at bat, he gets hit in the eye with a ball!
- HIGH - THEY GO ON TO WIN 7-6!!! 14 YO STATE CHAMPS!!
- LOW - my car is dead from middle son sitting in it the whole game without turning it all the way on...
- Praise God! It finally starts with jumper cables and we make it home...
Still time to whip up a story or tell a truth!