Today, I have some lovely Celebrations - join in the accolades with Vikki's weekly blog hop!
- My new friend, Randi Lee, who I met through the A to Z blog hop, did me the honor of highlighting me in her Sunday special, Meet a Blogger !
- I submitted a super fun ZOMBIE short story called THE COMEBACK to my publisher (Curiosity Quills) annual anthology, which will include a piece by Piers Anthony - will be a dream come true if I get published with one of my all time fave authors!!
- Also super excited about writing my anti-princess story - I've even used Ashley Chappell-Peeples (just got married) advice and written three songs for it with Noteflight! It's my fluffy unicorn!!
- Plans are coming along nicely for my BROKEN BRANCH FALLS blog tour. I've written most of the posts, I just need to type them up. Starts JUNE 1!!
- And my IRL Release Party!! Having it at an ice cream shop and so much green gobliny goodness I can't stand it! (June 26 in Cincinnati)
- Lastly - I get to participate in the Writing Process tour...
Here are the questions posed and my answers:
a) What are you working on? A short story called JOLINDA about a snarky teenage maiden in medieval times who finds she is stronger than she thought; and editing SIMULATION, the next book in the Cooper Chronicles after POP TRAVEL.
b) How does your work differ from others of its genre? I combine elements from several genres... sci fi, fantasy, thriller, humor, and a bit of romance - doesn't real life have all the elements? But, that also made it hard to find an agent who wanted to pinpoint me.
c) Why do you write what you do? I write adventure and action because that's what I like to read, no matter the genre, and I want to offer people who don't think they have time to read, something they can't put down - I want to capture more readers!
d) How does your writing process work? I start with an idea, writers are great at "What if...?" Then I flesh it out. If I can get an outline with enough beats and twists and sub plots, I know I can make a novel out of it. I write a rough draft in a notebook, then, I start typing, and get it to my CP, and edit, edit, edit. I have many notebooks waiting and new ideas hit me all the time - some more persistent than others! (Jolinda wants to be an animated feature so bad!)
What are you working on? What's your writing process?
Feel free to join in the tour - just link back and pass it on!
And now, I pass the torch on to another Elizabeth - Elizabeth Seckman! I'm so happy I got to meet her in person - a true treasure! She'll be posting next week. Here's a little preview...
Elizabeth is a wife, a mom, and a writer. She has four wonderful boys, one dusty house, and three published books to her credit. Feel free to check them out and buy them HERE! Erm, the books, not the kids or the house...though all things in life are negotiable ;)
Here are her links: Blog // Facebook // Twitter