Happy Friday! Make sure you Celebrate the Small Things with Vikki and friends with her weekly hop! I don't always have a chance to participate every week, but I'm jumping in today! Here's what I'm celebrating:
- I love November - my birthday month!
- I made it through my first week in my new job
- I had a great time visiting my grandma last weekend and hanging out with Elizabeth Seckman at another a nice little bookfair =)
- I have gotten some chapters done on Cradle Rock, but as expected, I have slowed down with the start of my new job - hope to get more done this weekend!
And now, I'm very excited to bring new buzz to Broken Branch Falls!
Tonja Drecker at Kidbits is posting a review today (that's something to celebrate too!)
Finally, here are Five reasons to lower your expectations...
- Not everyone thinks the same way we do, others have different priorities - don't expect to come first, things that are important to you may not be to others
- When you accomplish something, people will be happy for you, but don't expect them to throw you a party because they're secretly jealous
- Things go wrong - expect the worst, hope for the best, and do what you can - you'll never be disappointed
- Don't expect the bad things in life won't to happen to you. Generalizations apply to everyone:
- your spouse - we forget things, take each other for granted, and don't always communicate well
- your kids - they go through the phases
- your co-workers - they have their own lives and problems you have no idea about
- and especially ourselves - getting old sucks