And I only wrote 2 posts!
At least I wrote... ha ha. So, I'll fill you in on how I spent the little free time I had in January outside my new job...
I revamped and wrote a bunch more of Cradle Rock. I actually have fans clamoring to get the sequel of BBF. AND my plea on FB bumped my reviews for BBF to 20! Yay! I also drew some ROUGH sketches for my anti-princess story, JOLISSA. I crack myself up, hopefully you too! Here's a taste:
|Jolissa & Ziggy her faithful dog|
|the princess entourage|
|A low point for Jolissa|
|Jolissa & Humphrey meet a talking goat|
Look out Disney! (hahahaha)
Anyway, on to my IWSG post! As always, thanks to Alex & his hosts this month - the IWSG is now an institution! I'm so glad to be a part of it!
Time is today's issue. I don't have time for insecurities lately, so I will keep posting to encourage anyone who has time to stop by! What I need is a way to make time slow down. I feel like a whiny three-year-old, pulling on her mom's coat tails, trying to get her to listen. "But TIME! I need you to stop so I can write more!" She never slows down, she just says, "Come along, dear. We have to keep moving." So I just pout and carry on. Hmph!
Here are 5 Great Ways to Slow Time, but they're not very productive, just some comic relief. Take time to laugh at least once a day - you'll live longer, hence adding time to write!
- Stare at your inbox - whether waiting for a query response or edits, time will stand still as you lose your mind.
- Forget to preheat the oven - the food is ready to go in, but the oven is cold - argh!
- Ask your husband to change a light bulb - he will wait until a few more go out and save time by doing them all at once and you'll go blind.
- Choose the shortest checkout line - there may be only one person in front of you but inevitably she has the most items in her basket, there was a reason no one got behind her (sometimes it's me)... oh, and the register just ran out of paper...
- Mark a special day on your calendar - a cover reveal - it's so pretty, you want to share it now! or a book release - it's so far away! (Simulation in September!) It's like birthdays and Christmas to a kid, or a Mom's due date - the best days take forever to arrive!
Lastly, here are a few quick announcements before you go...
|artwork by http://www.matusic.com/|
- Signups have begun for the annual A to Z blogging challenge - yes, I succumbed. And this year I'm working for C. Lee McKenzie as a MUFFIN COMMANDO!!
- I'm also very excited to have Broken Branch Falls posted on BookBub this weekend (2/6 & 2/7)!
- More excited that one of my students spotted BBF in Barnes and Noble!!
- And super duper excited to offer you all this giveaway for February! (No live events scheduled, so online it is!!)