Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Making the Most of it all!

For A to Z 2015 I'm

ALL ABOUT THAT PLACE

I'll be highlighting Blogger Friends' places
and
I'll be giving Book Event Tips

We MADE it! The MIDWAY point!

And here are MANY MARVELOUS Blogger Friends...

MICHELLE WALLACE - One of MY first and MOST treasured blog friends. MISH is so MOTIVATING and positive and always MAKING MISCHIEF!


MADELINE MORA-SUMMONTE - I enjoy MADELINE'S MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY quotes. She MOVES ME to MAKE the MOST of MY week. And sometimes she fills us in on her cute turtles, MR & MRS Larry.


MARCY HATCH - See MORE picturesque scenes like these at MARCY'S MAINEWORDS. She knows how to set the MOOD! She also helps other writers get MUCH needed advice on their writing.


MAMA DIARIES - Sherri is a fun MOM! She posts MOST days with the lighter MOMENTS of family life - and I'm happy to say I got to MEET her IRL, what a sweetie!


MICHAEL DI GESU - MICHAEL MAKES up MAGICAL introductions for author's debuts. He's not MELODRAMATIC, he's MARVELOUS!


MJ FIFIELD - MJ is one of MY favorites, her MONSTROUS wit reaches MOUNTAINOUS heights! And I'm thoroughly enjoying her epic fantasy Effigy, it's MAGNIFICENT!


MELISSA SUGAR - MELISSA has MADE her way back to blogging. She could use some support in her comeback, and believe ME, she's MIGHTY nice!

And now for MY Book Event Tips

If you can't find what you need, MAKE it!

I'm a crafty and thrifty person so I like to MAKE a fair amount of MY swag. Here are some of the things I MAKE:

  • Bracelets - I love MAKING MY BBF and PT bracelets - they MATCH the books. Not the MECCA of fashion, but jewelry attracts the eye and MOVES people to ask MORE about them. It's also therapeutic MIXING and MATCHING the beads.
  • Trinkets - Party City and Oriental Trading Company have a MEGA MARKET on cheap trinkets. I try to find cute little items that MIGHT relate to MY books. Then I MAKE labels for them and stick em on.
  • Bags - Another item I MAKE labels for. These handy items are helpful for holding books as well as MARKETING while toters carry them around.
  • Pins/Buttons - Buttons are great little displays, so why not advertise MY books or the fact I'm a writer? I've MADE several with funny MESSAGES and others with MY covers. They're great conversation starters.
  • Treats - Who doesn't like MMM, yummy treats? Lots of authors lure readers to their tables with candy or cookies, but I go a step further and put MY label on them. It's all about the MARKETING! Remember MY name!
MORE MORE MORE!

Today is also a MEGA-reveal day! MY MOST-MARVELOUS friend, Heather M Gardner's original book MAGUIRE's Corner is being given a new MORNING! I adored this story with a MAIN character full of MOXY! Now check out this new MYSTERIOUS and MOVING cover!

ALREADY HOME by Heather M. Gardner
Second Edition: formerly Maguire’s Corner
Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Cover Design: Najla Qamber Designs
Re-release Date: May 20, 2015

Coffee shop owner Maggie Maguire doesn’t trust the new police chief her father hired to protect Maguire’s Corner. He’s a stranger, cold, bossy and annoyingly handsome. But, Maggie’s witnessed a serious crime and now someone’s trying to kill her. The man that aggravates her most might be the only one that can help her.

Police Chief Jack Munro likes his new job and his new town, and unfortunately he also likes the stubborn but beautiful town sweetheart. His self-imposed hands-off Maggie policy is about to be put to the ultimate test when he must keep her close to protect her while he tracks down a ruthless killer.

Determined to ignore Jack’s charms, Maggie attempts to help him unravel the mystery but when their lives hang in the balance she must decide how much she’s willing to risk to save the man she suddenly can’t resist.

~~~)(~~~

Heather M. Gardner's love of books began on the hand-woven rugs of her small town library where her mother worked. There she had a never-ending supply of stories to read at her fingertips. As a teen, her favorite genres to curl up with were romance and mysteries. When she started to create her own stories, they were the perfect fit.

Heather resides in New York with her best friend who is also her husband, plus her talented and handsome son. She is currently owned by four stray cats. Heather's a full-time mom, works part-time from home, a chocolate enthusiast, coffee junkie, cat addict, book hoarder and fluent in sarcasm.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Another batch of brilliance! Thanks!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Heather!
And I follow all of those awesome bloggers.

Sarah Foster said...

Congrats to Heather!
I follow most of those bloggers already. Lots of cool people. :)

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Thanks, Tara! The tortoises are really the stars of the blog. :)

Christine Rains said...

Yay for the M bloggers! Excellent tips for swag. The treats idea is a really good one. And congrats to Heather!

Heather M. Gardner said...

I love all these bloggers!

But, mostly you!
Thank you for helping me today! I know you're a lover of all things Jack. (me too)

I'm excited to get it back on the virtual shelves!

I haven't created any swag yet.
Must think of that soon.

Thank you!

Heather

Nicki Elson said...

Oh, that's a beeauuutiful cover.

So many great M bloggers! And look at your craftiness. Making your own swag is a great idea - gives a nice, personal, memorable touch.

P.S. Hi! How are you?

Anonymous said...

I read a few of your bloggers highlighted today.

~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
Story Dam
Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I haven't visited Melissa Sugar for a while. Going over there. I have to think about making some bags.

LD Masterson said...

You've got some of my favorite blogs on here. And congratulations to Heather.

Popular Posts