Hi, everyone. This is my Insecure Writers Support Group post for this month.
I think I'm in book event withdrawal! I usually do at least an event every other month, but had to cut back this summer, and even this fall with one baseball graduate leaving and now a football senior, losing two in a row. I love supporting them, but I feel very unproductive on the marketing/selling front. Like my books are collecting dust and I should sell them before I write more...
But that's how life goes. I'm cherishing the time I have with my boys, and my time to sell will come to keep me busy when they're on their own. In the meantime, I really appreciate the help several of you have offered, and I will get onto promoting online, now that life is returning to normal after vacation. We had fun on the lake, btw. Here are a few pics -
I always appreciate the support - you all keep me going - in blogging and writing!
Now, for the survey results...
I guess YA is still on top, but the regulars are always around - a good story is always hot!
What is your favorite genre to read?
- Not sure
- no idea. life's been too busy to pay attention
- Supernatural (haunting/ possession)
What have you heard Agents are looking for?
- Agents seem to be talking about historical novels here - Hilary Mantel and 'down'!
What would YOU like to read a story about?
- I want more fantasy
- I still love reading paranormal romance.
- I just want a story that moves me to feel something. Genre doesn't really matter.
- I would love to read some dark fiction with strong characterization.
- I'd love to read more Asian historical fiction.
- I'd like to read about today's family struggles
Do you write what's hot? Or write what you feel?
What temperature keeps you writing?
Where is/would be your writing getaway?
This month, I'll be asking about Newsletters and Blogs - what do writers do? and does it work? Come back and help fill in the blanks!
PS - If you tripped and I said, "Way to go, Grace." Would you all know what that meant? Or am I dating myself? I guess that's my other insecurity as my young editor doesn't get some of my characters' sarcasm!