For July's Insecure Writers Support Group session, I thought I'd pass on a little writerly inspiration...
Writers are jam-packed full of ideas and stories. Most of the time... But sometimes we all need a little inspiration. When you're ready to write a short story or new book idea--especially if you're considering a genre outside your comfort zone--it can be hard to focus and pick a plot that can go the distance to become a full-fledged story. And usually our muses are scarce when we need them most!
So I've compiled some links for prompts, challenges, and even submissions! to help you choose a direction that will put you in the mood for writing...
- One of my favorite newsletters is from Shannon Lawrence, The Warrior Muse. she usually includes awesome links for submissions with topics that will inspire you - and they pay!
- If you're into new twists and stretching your writing muscles, try Chuck Wendig's blog Terrible Minds and his weekly challenge every Friday. Warning, he can be crass, but that's part of his charm--he tells the hard truths about writing!
- The IWSG has a fun little prompt every Wednesday on Instagram, plus extra daily challenges for the summer! Instagram itself with all the pics can be inspiration for a poem or a drabble.
- WEP - Write, Edit, Publish is a bi-monthly challenge sponsored by 4 fabulous ladies: Denise, Renee, Olga, and Nilanjana - and you might even win a gift card!
- A couple of author friends have published writing prompt/submission & publication books:
Now, for my SHOUT OUT of the WEEK!
A partner in crime (& mystery) literally! We've been blog friends forever and were both honored to be part of the TICK, TOCK - A STITCH IN CRIME anthology sponsored by IWSG.
Gwen writes fabulous cozy mysteries solved with the help and despite the hindrance of ghosts, like from her awesome Indigo Eady series. Gwen adores travel and experiencing the cultures and foods of different countries. She is always up for an adventure and anything involving chocolate - not necessarily in that order.
|I love her blog header - gorgeous!|
While I was in Atlanta, I got to have lunch and catch up with Sherry Ellis!
See my newsletter for more pics and info on my whereabouts and going-on.
And there's only one more week for my BEASTLY SUMMER GIVEAWAY!
a Rafflecopter giveaway