Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Why Writers are Important!!

First, a great big shout out for the latest IWSG Anthology:


Masquerade: Oddly Suited -- NOW AVAILABLE!

Young Adult Fiction: Romance - General/Paranormal/Contemporary
Print ISBN 9781939844644  $14.95
EBook ISBN 9781939844651  $4.99

Find love at the ball…

Can a fake dating game show lead to love? Will a missing key free a clock-bound prince? Can a softball pitcher and a baseball catcher work together? Is there a vampire living in Paradise, Newfoundland? What’s more important—a virtual companion or a date to the ball?

Ten authors explore young love in all its facets, from heartbreak to budding passion. Featuring the talents of L.G. Keltner, Jennifer Lane, C.D. Gallant-King, Elizabeth Mueller, Angela Brown, Myles Christensen, Deborah Solice, Carrie-Anne Brownian, Anstice Brown, and Chelsea Marie Ballard.

Hand-picked by a panel of agents and authors, these ten tales will mystify and surprise even as they touch your heart. Don your mask and join the party…

Links:
Barnes & Noble - Amazon - iTunes - Kobo - Goodreads

Check it out!!

And now for my IWSG post -

WARNING: BEING A WRITER IS TREACHEROUS!

If you want to be a writer, prepare yourself for disappointment, heartache, and rejection. You must have thick skin to take the criticism and low ratings of others. It requires steadfastness and perseverance. You must accept working long hours for no pay. Frustration is also a big part of writing.

And in this day and age, CHANGE is the only CONSTANT.

If you still want to be a writer, if your heart and passion won't be swayed, the public thanks you. Writers provide everyone with an escape from everyday lives. Writing is the basis of knowledge: from the foundations of history to the promises of the future in our world and beyond. There would be no movies, television shows, or books without writers. Writers inspire, educate, and encourage the rest of the world to do great things and be greater people.

Thank you for being a writer. When life gets you down, keep writing. Despite all the negatives, it truly is worth it!


I'm trying to look at the bright side and figure out how to move on now that my publisher is officially closed. I can't order any of my books and no one is responding, not even our distributor. It's been a very tough several months. Luckily I have the cover and the formatted copies, so I am going through with self-publishing WINDY HOLLOW, but it won't be until this summer... I still have to make some tweaks and time is not on my side.

Thanks for your support you guys! Hope things are well with you!

17 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Yeh for writers!

Hang in there, Tara. Things will work themselves out.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm sorry they've closed. I hope you get all your rights back soon.

Thank you for mentioning the new IWSG anthology.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Oh gosh, 'Change is the only constant.' Amen to that! This piece is very timely for me. My writing life just suffered a severe blow, and I'm trying to regain my footing.

And YAY! for the IWSG anthology!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We are needed!
Terrible your publisher is closing. I hope the third book does come out one way or another.

cleemckenzie said...

This business is not for people who don't like to climb mountains. That's for sure. Sorry about the publisher closing. That seems to happen a lot these days.

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm so sorry, Tara. It must be so frustrating to be going through all that and to not to be able to get ahold of anyone. If I can help at all with WINDY HOLLOW, don't hesitate to ask!

Carrie-Anne said...

Sorry to hear about your publisher! I hope things sort themselves out without too much delay and anguish.

Sarah Foster said...

I'm sorry about your publisher closing. Hope everything goes smoothly with self-publishing.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

So sorry to hear about your publisher. You'll do better on your own. You're like CEO material!

Chrys Fey said...

I'm so sorry. I wish you all the luck moving forward. You got this, and THANK YOU for being a writer. <3

Yvonne Ventresca said...

A agree about the constancy of change. Sorry about your publisher, but it sounds like you have a plan!

Tyrean Martinson said...

I'm sorry your publisher is officially closed. I hope all goes well with your self-pub!
And, go writers!!!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm thinking about you. I've had three publishers close their doors when I was under contract and another that 'changed their focus' and ended the line I was writing for. It's frustrating and more than once I felt like throwing in the towel. Keep at it. Another path will open.

Diane Burton said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your publisher. That's devastating! Hang in there. Maybe they're scrambling to get organized. (That was the Pollyanna in me coming out.) It's hard to move on but necessary when you can't do anything about the situation. Good luck!

Juneta key said...

Oh my, I hope you get your rights back soon. Wishing you the best. Happy IWSG.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I'm very sorry your publisher closed their doors. That's another tough time for writers, along with everything else.

Christine Rains said...

Sad to hear that CQ closed their doors. Hopefully you'll get things all sorted out and move on more smoothly. And you're right: the world needs writers! Books have gotten me to nearly 50. I think that's quite an accomplishment! :D

Popular Posts