Wednesday, March 3, 2021

One of those days... for a month

February was crap. And I don't think it was just me. Fair warning - it's going to be a bumpy Insecure Writers Support Group.

There were a few bright spots (snow days, wrote a song), and I've been trying to stay positive and hopeful as I dodge the darts hurled at me and hurdle the obstacles tossed in my way... Seriously, I'm in a crazy adventure game and fate is kicking me when I'm down.

First, the whole country had to deal with snow and freezing rain - like we needed more reasons to stay secluded inside. And many states were not prepared for such fierce weather. Oh, but Florida was nice - my men all traveled there, then got stuck a couple of extra days... poor them. That's okay, it gave me time to write and readjust my teaching plans from the snow days.

Then when they got back, someone was sick and refused to get tested or take precautions. So now I have it. Ugh. At least the symptoms are minor - could be much worse. But now I'm working overtime with sub planning and teaching remotely. Plus, being sick makes for high tension at home, everyone's been extra sensitive and on edge. I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE! 

But I can't. I'm stuck watching re-runs, tired of sitting at my desk, getting zero exercise, and alone. Wah wah wah. I keep telling myself it will get better soon, right?

This is usually where I try to find the light at the end of the tunnel, but at this point, I can't. I'm not done wallowing. Just one more things keep piling onto my heap!

Sorry for all the bad vibes this month.
My April report should be better right?
Send me your goodness and happy thoughts!


I'm ready to start appreciating...
Hope things are better in your part of the world!

11 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Ugh. Just...ugh. I'm sending you good vibes and sunshine! Hang in there!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you got it but glad it was mild. Do lots of laps around the house and the backyard for exercise.

M.J. Fifield said...

Hang in there, Tara. Hope your symptoms stay minor, and that the tension eases soon. <3

Sarah Foster said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! Hopefully the symptoms stay minor.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

On the plus side, you have immunity for a year or three. You won't need to get the shot.

I know what you mean by stir crazy though. Since I work from home, those moments when I can leave I treasure now.

Fundy Blue said...

Poor you, Tara! I'm sorry that you got Covid, but I'm glad that you are only experiencing mild symptoms. I've been walking around the house and climbing up and down the stairs to exercise. Boring, but at least it gets the blood circulating. Wishing you a much better month!

lostinimaginaryworlds.blogspot.com said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low. I do hope you will soon recover and enjoy your writing, despite your situation. Hope you are soon fully recovered.

Nick Wilford said...

Sorry to hear you caught it. Just concentrate on getting better and don't worry about bad vibes. We're here to listen!

Diane Burton said...

I totally agree with your 1st sentence. It was for me, too. Sorry you were sick. Hope you feel better now. Hang in there. I have to believe things will get better.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

My boys brought it home too. From day one, I told my husband one of the boys would bring it home, picked up like an STD. We could keep them socially distanced from everyone but the ladies.

Sorry you're month was tough. It's got to get better, right?

ANDRAINO ADAMS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts