Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Crickets

Crickets are what you will hear from my writing progress...

Welcome to the Insecure Writers Support Group - Feb 2021
I sadly don't feel like much of a writer lately. And I'm taking a break from my Newsletter until I have news--seemed like an appropriate thing to do. It's been a big bummer not being able to do any events. The whole world seems to be hibernating, waiting for the never-ending storm to pass. 

And it's not for lack of ideas. I get plenty of nudges from my muse, but my job is so nuts because of all the extra work we have to do for the remote kids I barely get all the necessities done. I'm really looking forward to the days off we have coming up--I just hope I'm in the mood to write! #writerslife

But we carry on. The year is chugging along, and I shan't complain too much -- I found time while I was locked down last summer to crank out a short story and won a spot in the DARK MATTER IWSG anthology - Yippee!

Be sure to check out all the authors at the Anthology Website and look at this awesome cover:

Looking for Reviewers if you want a first look at the awesome sci-fi goodness! Just let me know.

Tell me what you're up to!
What are you reading? What are you watching?
Share your good news!

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I have teacher friends and I know the remote learning adds a ton of work on you guys. (Not to mention it's not very effective for the kids.) It will pass soon.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Even my muse nudges me, sometimes he screams if I don't pay attention!

M.J. Fifield said...

Congratulations on being a part of the anthology!! So excited for you!

You're doing a fantastic job of adjusting to and rolling with the times. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself if you're not writing a lot. I know I'm not, and I don't even have a good reason. You're doing great.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Eventually the crickets will grow quiet and ideas appear again. You did write one great story recently - be proud of that.

Chrys Fey said...

Congratulations on on the anthology! That is wonderful!

It's really hard to find the headspace to write and create these things. Keep your chin up. Eventually, things will get better for us all.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Oh, Tara! I can hear the frustration and disappointment in your voice. I'm so sorry you're not able to find a lot of time to write. I understand. I really do. (Emailing you....) But don't ever think you're not worthy. You are a teaching hero. I honestly don't understand why more people don't see how much extra work teacher have had tossed into their laps since Covid. Hugs to you all!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tara - it must be so challenging ... good for you for being there for the kids, and I can quite understand you taking time out ... protecting you a little from the usual way of life. Stay safe and all the best - Hilary

Diane Burton said...

No crickets here, but I'm writing itsy bitsy paragraphs per day. At this rate, I may finish in 2022. (I hope not.) My daughter teaches virtually, so I often hear what you're going through. You are amazing to be flexible with the times.

Beth Camp said...

Congrats on being included in IWSG's anthology. I haven't started reading it yet . . . but soon. Crickets over here too! I've been telling myself it's OK to go a little more slowly, but don't we all want to make some kind of progress on our writing? My daughter's two kids just last week finally went back to F2F school. She says the house is sooo quiet. Hope you carve out time for yourself. Perseverance furthers, right?

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Good to learn that the summer's Lockdown proved beneficial and that you got a story included in the IWSG's anthology. With some end to restrictions now in site (at least here in the UK) lets hope we see some end to hibernation and the lethargy so many of us seem to be experiencing.

Popular Posts