Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Harpy New Year and Best Witches!

Welcome 2021!

And thanks for stopping by the Insecure Writers Support Group

I'm usually pretty optimistic as each new year begins... but we all know how last year tore us up, so this year I'm CAUTIOUSLY optimistic. I'm always hopeful things will get better, and I'm up for the challenges. Though I'm not one to cower from change, I don't enjoy it, especially so much at once. In 2020, my writing waned, but I can't complain--I've been doing pretty well dealing with the rest of life.

As we start a fresh new year, I hope you are healthy, happy, and hopeful!

Besides re-publishing most of my books in 2020, I was determined to publish something new... and I did it, barely. (My post title goes with my latest Un-Princess novella.)

Introducing...


GERTRUDE, the nerdy princess
Un-Princess Novella #4
by Tara Tyler

High school can be tough for teenagers, but it’s nothing compared to Princess School. Especially for an awkward, overweight, nerdy princess who likes to read.

Princess Gertrude wants to be a great Queen someday, so she endures the daily torments of the frilly princesses. Until they go too far. With her emotions and clothes in tatters, she runs away into the haunted dark forest—not that she believes in such things. But what she finds there will teach her more about courage and leadership than that ridiculous Princess School ever could.


paperback on Lulu $4.99


Would love to send you a FREE copy for a review
(pdf or signed paper--let me know!)

After discovering some new "improvements" at Amazon, I have to do some fancy dancing to get the e-book done, as if the normal hoops and hurdles of self-publishing weren't exasperating enough. Plus all the joys of adding it to Goodreads--another fun-filled, hair-pulling-out experience. It's a good thing I love to write--I'm used to overcoming obstacles, and I can apply it to my characters!


GOALS
This year, I'm not going to be specific on goals, considering last year's list was a waste of time! I just have a bunch of hopes: 
  • I hope to finish CONDUCTION Pop Travel #4. I'm half-way through the first draft and decided one of the events needs a major rewrite--I was taking the easy way, and easy = boring, so...
  • I really hope to get out and do some live book events this year
  • I hope to find time to read more and write more
The end. Keeping it simple. I'll post updates here, which helps remind me to keep at it!

How did you do for writing in 2020?
Have you made any goals or have hopes for this year?

Getting it done in

16 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

An optimistic lemur! I love it.

Getting out to live events is something I desperately need to do. First one is in May and since this venue had one last September (yes, last September, under the radar) I'm hopeful the May one will happen, too.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Congratulations Tara. I love the title GERTRUDE, the nerdy princess. It has a nice feel to it :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on your next princess book!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Happy 2021!

I love your "hope" goals. That's where mine are at, too.

Carrie-Anne said...

Congratulations on your new release, and best of luck with your 2021 writing goals! Since lockdown is STILL going on, and I'm not in my own home, I have zero expectations of getting much of any new writing done this year.

M.J. Fifield said...

I love that on top of everything else going on last year, AND re-releasing your past books, you still found time/determination to publishing something new. I bow down to your greatness!

Best of luck with your 2021 goals!!

cleemckenzie said...

You've described this business perfectly:"fun-filled, hair-pulling-out experience."

Congratulations on being chosen for the next IWSG anthology! Great job.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I'm being cautious with setting goals for this year, too. I'm hoping to finish the novel I started in 2020 and write the story for the MG spooky anthology I'm part of, and I'll have to market the book I have releasing in the spring. Other than that, I'm concentrating on family and our family business.

Wishing you many blessings during this new year, Tara.

Heather M. Gardner said...

Hi Tara!
Congrats to you!
You're inspiring!

Heather

Sarah Foster said...

Congrats on the release and good luck with your goals! I like the idea of being cautiously optimistic.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tara - love the name 'Gertrude' ... ideal for a nerdy princess! Good luck with your goals - and I agree Keep It Simple ... all the best and stay safe - Hilary

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tara - congratulations on your entry in the anthology ... Hilary

Deniz Bevan said...

Those Princess books sound like great fun! Congratulations on the latest one :-)

Steph W. said...

Gertrude sounds like my new hero! Can't wait to read about her.

Diane Burton said...

Congrats on your new release. She sounds like a great character.

Nas said...

Congratulations Tara. I love the title GERTRUDE, the nerdy princess and the story sounds interesting!

Popular Posts