Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Let's go to School!

I love back to school time. 
Love the school supplies, new faces, and Fall is right around the corner. 

One of my favorite things about Fall is the pumpkin stuff. But I think they started a bit early this year. I've been holding back until this month to indulge in all the pumpkiny goodness. I don't want to get sick of it, and the stores are really going at it this year, close to Pumpkin Overload! I like to have a couple of items each week, including some apple & squash, and spread them out because I want the yummy fall flavors to last through November. (Then I switch over to winter deliciousness -- cranberry, mints, and cocoa!)

Fall and school also mean my writing grinds to a halt until I adjust my routine... So I'm stalled until I can fit in some writing time. And I have a very busy Fall with my kids coming and going, my husband traveling for work, and my school functions... At least I have a few Fall book events to look forward to! Then, BAM! All of a sudden, it'll be December! Time just keeps flying by.

So what flavors do you enjoy this season? Are you sick of pumpkin already??
And how is your writing going? I hope you are meeting your goals!
Keep Writing!

via GIPHY

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Christmas will be here before you know it!
Not a big fan of pumpkins but I do love apples.

M.J. Fifield said...

I've never been much of a pumpkin fan. I think my favorite part of fall is the school supply displays in the store. Just rows and rows of pens and notebooks. :)

I hope your book events go well! Can't wait to hear about them!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I love pumpkin spice. Bring it on.

One more event for me this year and then I can relax. It was a busy year.

Kim Elliott said...

I love pumpkins! I can’t wait for corn mazes and pumpkin patches!

Loni Townsend said...

I'm an apple girl. I love all the apple flavored stuff, like apple cider. Yum!

Patricia JL said...

My writing has been creeping along. Going back to work really cut into my writing time, and now I'm working 2 jobs so I'm not sure what sort of writing I'll get in this fall.

Yvonne Ventresca said...

I don't love the fall theme and pumpkins too early either. Time does fly!

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

You know the saying: I love pumpkin pie, just not that brown stuff in the middle. I prefer a smoothie bowl with dried cranberries and dates; bananas in yogurt; and cashews. That is as close to an autumn theme as I can get here but the weather will be a bit cooler, so that's good.
https://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com/

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I only like my pumpkin in bakes things, like pies, muffins, breads and cookies. All really good for me! It is all too early for the pumpkin stuff.

Rebecca M. Douglass said...

I like pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. "Pumpkin spice" everything, not so much. And keep the flavors out of my coffee (which I'm not supposed to be drinking anyway)!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tara - I'm not a pumpkin person ... probably Englishness - I love squash and squash veggies. They used to have a pumpkin dish when I lived in South Africa, but again never really got into it. But always love different aspects of life around the world ... enjoy - don't work too hard with all those happenings - cheers Hilary

Popular Posts