Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's been a happy birthday month!

What's your favorite birthday song? If you're singing, thank you!
I looked up some alternative birthday songs and picked this one from the 80s! Love the 80s!

I have had a truly wonderful birthday month so far!
  • Started with a successful Thankful hop with my buddy, Vikki who also helped me by critting my current WIP and I'm over halfway thru another round of editing. 
  • Cassie and you all helped make our 500 followersary (ha ha) celebration an outstanding party!
  • and I was flabbergasted at the response to the Miss You fest - so much love here in the blogosphere!
  • finally, I patiently (somewhat) waited for the next phase of my publishing process and happily got instructions this weekend. I am excited to be working on that now!
I also received some tags and awards that I have collected to post on my birthday =) They are gifts, after all!

Thanks Darling Nicki (sorry, hee)! And Lovely Laura! They both passed me "U Got the Look" (no button, so I made one, of course!)

This is how it works - take your current manuscript, search for the word “look,” and post the surrounding paragraphs. Then tag 5 blogging authors. So here's a quick section from Broken Branch Falls, MG Fantasy:

A lame attempt at a bird call makes us laugh.
“Ca-caw, woot, woot.”
“Come on up, Jordy,” Argus yells to him.
“What kind of bird is that?” I ask. We each extend a hand to him.
“You’re a melonhead,” Argus teases.
“What? We don’t have a secret code anymore?”
Argus looks at me. We shake our heads and laugh some more.
“Not since third grade.”

Tamara probably thought I forgot, but she gave me the icing on the cake with the Sweet Award - thanks, girl! I answered those questions a few weeks ago, here are my answers again, just for fun...
Cookies, ChocolateBrowniesAfter a meal or salty snack, Pumpkin
If you'd like to snatch a sweet award, be my guest! You can see the original post for the questions =P

And Elizabeth tagged me with the Next Big Thing meme. I have done this with Pop Travel and Broken Branch Falls so I don't want to bore everyone doing it again, but I appreciate the tag! I would still like to pass it on too. So I'm naming five bloggers who can choose which award or meme they would like, if any...


Tagging - TamaraAnnalisaJulie LMary P, and Ellie G!

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You have had a great birthday month! Don't stop.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

The month's not over, Tara! Keep working and enjoying it! :)

VikLit said...

Happy birthday month! Is it today then? Hope you have a super day!!!! Yay to birthday month!

Dana said...

What a great birthday month—and the best part is that it's not over yet!

J. A. Bennett said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! What an awesome month :)

randi lee said...

Sounds like an awesome month! Nice! :D

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Happy Birthday to you; Happy birthday to you...I'll stop there before I get sued for copy right infringement!

Rena said...

I'm a big fan of "Today is your birthday."

And happy birthday! I definitely think a month of celebration is about the right amount of time...

Suzanne Furness said...

Happy Birthmonth!Hope the fun continues :)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Enjoy your B'day month Tara!

Sherry Ellis said...

It has been a great birthday month! I hope all the wonderful things continue!

Tamara said...

So glad your having such a great b'day month!! Don't you love it when everything comes together?

I already did the Next Big Thing twice too. haha. I JUST did it. BUT, you did remind me that someone tagged me for the "You got the Look" and I never did a post on it. Can I steal your button? :)

Tara Tyler said...

of course, tamara!

Livia said...

Congrats on the awards!

Can I steal your button, too? I received the meme a day ago and could use it...

I'll say this again: Tara, you're a fab artist!

Great stuff happening around here! Looking forward to it!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Brinda said...

Congrats on all the awards and love the excerpt!