Welcome to Friday 4 U, Lazy Housewife - December edition, where I ramble about mundanities and pass on tips for you to use or just chuckle about =) Plus it's interactive! With questions!
Grocery shopping is a chore I don't mind, it just eats up a lot of time. (CAUTION! Big but ahead, followed by RANT!) BUT I cannot stand anyone else touching my food. All the stores where I used to be able to scan and bag my own groceries have folded or taken away that option =( I may have to write a letter to Kroger and offer them my services to teach a class on "How to Properly Bag Groceries" - drives me nuts when one bag weighs a ton and others weigh nothing. Equal distribution! And common sense says to put the lighter items on top! Am I asking for too much here? (rant is over, you may proceed)
Speaking of food, holiday parties and meals mean lots of yummies! Here is an easy and scrumptuous appetizer recipe for you!
Beat 8 oz softened cream cheese, 2 Tbsp thawed frozen OJ, 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp cinnamon on medium speed until fluffy. Stir in 1/4 Cup finely chopped, dried cranberries. Refrigerate at least 1 hr. Serve with town house crackers. Also delicious on bagels!
Q1 - What is your favorite holiday treat?
Got your gift list checked off? I'm doing well. I love having a list of specific items for my nieces and nephews. Makes shopping so easy. Gift cards are easy too. I like them, but I also like a well thought out gift and that's what I'd rather give too. It's a hard call sometimes.
Q2 - How do you feel about giving/receiving gift cards?
Gift cards are great online too. You can buy books, music, games, apps, etc. And they have an app for almost everything. Here are a couple of things I wish they had an app for:
- face matcher - I don't doubt this might happen some day soon. I imagine it to work like a barcode scanner. Scan a person's face and name it in the program, can even match to more info. Then when you see the person again, scan the face and recall it...No more, "What was your name again?"
- lie detector - No explanation necessary. Great for parents of teens and so many other uses!
- It's sweater weather here in the US! Where do you keep your sweaters? Folded on a shelf? They don't stay neat and tidy for long, do they. And hanging them in a closet gives us shoulder pooches from the hangers!...Here's my suggestion: For light sweaters or any knit shirts, hang them inside out - then the shoulder pooch is on the inside when you wear them!
- And since I'm running out of room, I'll leave you with 5 alternative uses for a top sheet (my boys do not like using them, try as I might to get them to...)
- couch protector - keep germs off the couch when someone is sick =P
- fort/tent building - the obvious one and my favorite
- dog bedding - we have lots of spare sheets to cover the spots where our puppy likes to lie
- ride for tots - when my boys were 1 & 2, my teenage niece would drag them around the living room on a sheet. they rolled off, and ran back to sit on it again, laughing hysterically. I should post it on youtube!
That wraps up (get it, wrap, xmas =) this edition of LHW! See you next year for the next installment!