Hope you all have had a great week! The year is off to a smashing start with all the books coming out and the wonderful marketing symposium last Monday. I got so much encouragement and awesome advice! And made more new friends, too. Today, I wanted to share some of the things I learned in a condensed format for you.
Marketing Tips that Work!
- The Number 1 tip from several participants is KEEP WRITING!
- from Jeremy and Roland - Find your readers and connect with them!
- from L. Diane Wolf - Get early book reviews to create buzz and talk to book clubs
- from Sandra - Slash prices! Here are some great bargain book sites:
- Book Gorilla
- Ereader News Today
- Book Hub
- Pixel of Ink (from Angela Brown)
- Fussy Librarian (from me!)
- from Julie Flanders - she used the April A to Z challenge to subtly promote by giving cool facts about Alaska where her book takes place - I love that idea! (btw, sign-ups start TODAY!)
- another popular tip was to make a book trailer or catchy video - you never know what will go viral! and that goes with my last tip
- from Nicki Elson - many do giveaways using Rafflecopter and use Twitter or Facebook shoutouts for entries, right? Well, Nicki added "view my book trailer" for entries. So we need to get creative with those giveaways!