Time to get lean in 2016...
Good one, right? That's part of my goals every year, yet it never seems to happen. Especially as I get older, I usually pack on more pounds.
SO! Here are some suggestions for sticking to those lofty resolution goals we set in January that usually fizzle out by February or March. And these are recommendations as part of the first Insecure Writers Support Group as well - writers make and break resolutions too (Guilty!)
- Reminders - You have a smart phone, or at least a computer, so set a reminder alarm. Once a month or once a week, or whenever - check in with yourself and remind yourself of your goals. And update or change your goals as necessary.
- Goal Buddy - Have someone to check in with. I started a writing goals page on Facebook - it should be an open group - join us! Or talk to a friend once in a while, encourage each other. We all have things come up that interfere with our goals, the point is not to give up!
- Be Reasonable - I've said this before, make goals you can reach and consider your time and life constraints. Be realistic.
- Be Forgiving - It's okay if you don't reach those lofty goals. The Really Real Housewife philosophy is WICWIC - What I Can, When I Can. Just keep striving!
- Rewards - When you do reach a goal, treat yourself. Have a special treat in mind for when you do, then you have something to look forward to in addition to reaching the goal.
And this month I'm also very excited to see who is going to be in the IWSG anthology!
In other news...
I got a new computer. My last one sludged slower and slower with all the upgrades and updates it automatically downloaded. I can't stand how quickly technology speeds away and changes, out-dating my stuff before I even get a chance to get used to it as another newer, faster, supposedly better version comes out. It makes me wonder if the younger generation does it on purpose to confuddle us. And sometimes I think it's job security for them.
I was so frustrated, I drew a cartoon about it!
Here's my quarterly newsletter for my writerly updates...
And this week at the Really Real Housewives we have a special guest - a fun-loving HouseHUSBAND!
Also, if anyone has a release or cover reveal they'd like help with, I'm happy to give you a shout =) Just ask!
What are your goals this year? Any news or frustrations to share?
Here's to a Sweet 2016!