Monday, February 17, 2020

#Organization - without the STRESS!

I did it! CRADLE ROCK is now available! Again!

CRADLE ROCK
Beast World, Book Two

In a world ruled by peaceful beasts, Gabe the goblin and a small group of friends travels to bleak Sector Three where Ona, his ogress girlfriend has gone missing on her expedition to find evidence of humans. 

Danger? Wild animals? Poisonous mist? Bring it on. Nothing will stop him from saving his girl. Not even humans - there's no such thing!



The Taking Back Beast World campaign, phase 2 is chugging along. Today, I'm visiting Patricia Josephine with a post about THE BEASTS! Which one are you? Stop by if you have time!

This campaign has not only inspired me to get my Beast World series re-published, but I'm also anxious to work on the next one! There's so much to do! I need update all the links, re-configure the ebooks, and more, so much more... But I've got things under control. And when I don't, I deal with it as I can.

So I thought I'd give you a glimpse into my process of

ORGANIZATION!

If your life is organized, you can find things when you need them because they are where they're supposed to be. You know when your bills are due, and you know how much money you have to pay them. Your meals are planned out for the week and shopping is done in advance so you'll have the right ingredients. The house is clean and neat. And mornings are less chaotic because you have everything laid out ahead of time ready to go.

Unfortunately, this is a fantasy. Life is messy! As I work my way through re-publishing and my campaign, I have a huge list of things I want to get done. And the rest of my life doesn't slow down to make it easier.

Organization does help, though. If you want to get organized, I suggest you do these things first!
  • Prioritize - Usually more than one area of your life needs organization. Since you can't wave a magic wand to have it all done at once, you need to choose the most important thing and start there (like money and bills, the main area of the house, or your phone apps) Once you're in a comfortable place/routine for that item, you can move on to the next.
  • Purge - This is a key to reducing stress. Get rid of things you don't need! If you haven't used it in 2 years? (you choose the time) donate it or throw it away. The less stuff you have, the less stuff you have to find room for!
  • Plan - ask yourself what you want. Organization is a broad term. Do you want: Less clutter? Easier access to things? To make time for things you want to do? Once you know what you want, you need to choose when to do your organizing, and it will take less time to get it done.
  • Please? - Organization is great, but if everyone else in your house doesn't help, the mess and chaos quickly return. Tell everyone what you're doing and what they need to do. And you'll have to keep reminding them (train them!) until everyone is working together automatically.
  • Patience - Wrenches happen. Life changes. Unexpected surprises turn up all the time. No matter how much you organize and try to plan ahead, expect something to throw your schedule out of whack once in a while. You can go back to or adjust your organization once you deal with extenuating circumstances beyond your control. It'll all work out!
So do what you can to get organized. But don't stress over it! As Mr. Skeemander says, "Worrying means you suffer twice"


via GIPHY

Happy Presidents Day!

Have a terrific week!

7 comments:

Tyrean Martinson said...

Congrats again!!!
And, I love your tips! I'm currently purging, planning, and trying to be patient with myself.
Great gif, too! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Love this series!!
Great advice - I was completely overwhelmed a month or 2 ago and making a giant to do list and then prioritizing it made a huge difference!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Well done Tara ... and being organised makes so much sense - gives us a path forward. Good luck and cheers Hilary

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats!

My life is chaos, but it's an organized chaos.

Juneta key said...

Wahoo, congratulations. Like your organization list. I have a ways to go but working on it.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Great tips! I get stuck on Please? the most. I've been doing a purge, and it's fantastic, but with two teens in the house, getting them to consistently clean up after themselves (which would take them two seconds) is my battle.

Heather R. Holden said...

Ooh, awesome! Many congrats on Cradle Rock being available again! :D

And love your organization tips! (The "patience" part is something I'm becoming very well-acquainted with, after having yet another roadblock thrown at me, LOL.)

Popular Posts