Tuesday, December 28, 2010

benefits of being sick

So somebody, namely my third child, had a stomach ache last weekend. We didn't think much of it. He was up and down, but the down wasn't for long...we even let him stay home from school. But he seemed fine. That was my mistake. I assumed it was something he ate or his sensitive stomach - nothing contagious that I needed to sanitize about.

So BLAMMO! I got it. And it was one of those nasty hits-adults-worse-than-kids kind of viruses. I was not a happy camper.

But it wasn't actually so bad after the initial hit. And having a sick day once in a while can have a few plusses...
  1. I was left alone - all day!
  2. I caught up on some movies
  3. I lost a few pounds!
  4. I was able to write in peace
  5. Someone catered to me for a little while
There might be more benefits, but those were my highlights. Unfortunately once I left my room, everyone assumed I was back to normal and quit helping. Back to reality. "Glad you're feeling better, Mom."

No comments:

Popular Posts