Sunday, December 5, 2010

how to avoid getting sick

One thing about the older generation, most of them cough into their hands. They were taught, "Cover your mouth when you cough" which was a good thing. But I had an elderly check out person the other day who was clearly under the weather. She kept coughing into her hand then grabbed my stuff to scan it. AAHH! I wanted to scream at her! But I just kept my mouth shut and left and lysoled everything when I got home. COUGH INTO YOUR ELBOW!!! It's a newer concept taught in schools these days, but apparently not everyone knows that they are spreading germs by coughing into their HAND!

More advice from a "Prevention" doctor was: during the cold and flu season try to avoid touching your facial orifices - eyes, nose and mouth. They are prime entry points to germs. I use the back of my hand or my wrist or anything other than my fingers when I have an itch and I haven't washed my hands in a while...even at my house. Those boys bring germs home daily!

Oh, yeah. And get lots of rest, eat healthier and exercise...

No comments:

Popular Posts