Friday, December 3, 2010

De-stressing advice

As I read my December "Prevention" magazine today, I came across yet another article about stress. I really like this magazine, but after a while the articles all sound pretty much the same...eat more healthy food, get more rest and exercise more. Those 3 things seem to be the cure for everything. And yet I can't bring myself to do it!

So here are new and improved ways to lessen stress:
1) sleep more - gosh, lookie there! If I didn't have so much to stress over, I would probably sleep more.

2) let it out! - Yell if you're angry, cry if you're sad and laugh if you're happy. Such and such study was done and said it was healthy to do so. I like this one. Being a Scorpio, I pretty much wear my emotions on my sleeve. Everyone knows how I feel most of the time.



3) hug your dog - or your cat or other huggable creature. If you don't have one, think about it - unconditional love.

4) don't share so much - this is more for those who go on and on about their problems. Basically it means: don't dwell on it, move on already!

5) chocolate is good! - of course it is, just don't overindulge. Have self-control. Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah. The BIBLE! (fruits of the spirit, Galatians 5:22-23)

6) find a way to escape - do you like yoga? jogging? reading? Take a break and do something you enjoy. Make time for yourself.

here is the link to the article .

PS - Later in the magazine it said to sing away stress - sing, sing a song, sing out loud...and don't worry if it's not good enough - belting out some carols will lift your spirits (a study said so)

No comments:

Popular Posts