Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Auntie Tara's Short Story Prompt - Pilot

Pilot, as in seeing how this first episode goes.

Welcome to Auntie Tara's Short Story Prompt!
On the second Tuesday of the month, I will offer a prompt of some sort or other to write a short story about. Now a short story can be as short as a few hundred words or as long as a couple of thousand. I will stipulate word length with each different prompt, thus adding to the challenge.

To officially participate, here are Auntie Tara's requests:
  1. put a link to your story in the comments
  2. link back here to let others know about the challenge (feel free use the pic)
  3. keep it clean =)
On to January's prompt!
This month, the challenge before you is to write a short story of 750 words or less including these four words: EVIL, CROWD, HARP, WATERFALL

Challenge ends January 31. I'll put mine up on Thursday. If I get at least five participants, I will offer a prize of a query or first page critique to my favorite story and add a linky link next month to make things easier. But this is more for our benefit to get writing! Results announced first week of February.

And in case you want even more writing practice, Sonia offers a monthly writing challenge as well. She's been at it a long time and has great articles on writing. You should at least stop by =)

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope you get a lot of participants!

Jennie Bennett said...

I want to do this, maybe Friday :)

Leigh Covington said...

Oooh! Spectacular idea. This means I've got to get the creative juices flowing! Fun idea Tara!

Heather M. Gardner said...

I'll try.
I make no guarantees!

Thanks for making us work!
HMG

Jennie Bennett said...

Here's my link, hehe.

http://j-a-bennett.blogspot.com/2012/01/pride-and-pity.html

Christine Rains said...

I wrote up a little something for Auntie Tara today. I have it scheduled for Thursday on my blog. :)

Tara Tyler said...

yeah! you guys! thanks for giving it a go!

Keru (a.k.a. Manny) said...

You can count me in! I'll post a link to my short evil-crowd-harp-waterfall story here after I've given it a day or so to rest and peculate. (^__^)

Keru (a.k.a. Manny) said...

OK, here's the link. I hope you like it! (^__^)

Auntie Tara's Short Story Prompt
Evil-Harp-Crowd-Waterfall, a.k.a. "Compromises"
http://www.kwriterly.blogspot.com/2012/01/auntie-taras-short-story-prompt.html

Heather M. Gardner said...

OK. Mine goes up on Monday. I'll put a link up then.
HMG

Heather M. Gardner said...

Okay. I lied.
Since the A to Z sign up starts Monday I decided to post this today.
Thank you, Tara, for the prompt and the opportunity to share!
Heather

http://hmgardner.blogspot.com/2012/01/auntie-taras-short-story-prompt.html

Keru (a.k.a. Manny) said...

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment for me on "Compromises," Tara! It really made my day to hear that you liked it. (^__^)

Popular Posts