- I'm already halfway through my 4th edit - yeah! This round I am printing out a section at a time and using my red pen - and so far, it has become my favorite way to edit! It goes so much faster than sitting at the screen. It's portable, it's easier to refer back a page or two, I can see what I'm going to change and I can see how much is being changed - because when I have less red marks, I'm that much closer to ready!
- I have sent out 3 queries (1 rejection) - each time I finish a round of editing, I send out a few queries. It gives me a break and it's like a reward for reaching a goal. I research agents and update my list. I improve my query with every one I send out and learn more about the process. (Thanks for so those query crits!)
- The biggest bummer about querying is that I pour over my letter, tinkering and revising and reading it over and over, then when I send it and get a quick reject - all that hard work and no feedback! But I just remind myself, that's how it works and I will find my perfect fit. I'm just not ready yet.
- Sending queries also helps me work on other submission requirements, like synopsis and bio - hate those things, but they need to be worked on sometime...
- Next I would like to find a CP for March. So if you are at a similar place and interested in trading with me let me know. My genre is techno-thriller (77k) and I will crit anything except romance. Email me at email@example.com if you're interested!
Friday, January 13, 2012
no snow day =(
Well, we got all this pretty snow and no snow day, so I'll just give you a publishing status update: