- Prioritize - I know what I need to do, but what needs done soonest? I also need a long list and a short list => How much time is each item going to take? I hate to get going on something only to leave it half done!
- Get off the internet - we are addicted, admit it!! Admitting we have a problem is the beginning of the solution. Set a time limit, use the timer on your phone! SELF-DISCIPLINE! DO IT!
- Just say NO - can you add another scrumptuous helping to your already overflowing plate of food you know you aren't going to finish? Stop it! It's okay to say no. But if you really need to say yes, SEE STEP ONE! Add it to the queue (love that word!)
- Just do it - yes, I'm stealing some catch phrases, but they work and will help us remember. So stop hassling me about it and get back to your list!
- Make sure relaxation is part of the plan - being productive can only happen if the mind is healthy and rested - a burned out brain is not a functional brain, hence the term brain dead. Don't let your brain die (and playing on your phone is not relaxation, it actually ADDS stress to your life - it's a fact, go look it up, UNPLUG!)
So that's my bit of advice for today. Now for the news...
THE THING THAT TURNED ME
comes out THIS Thursday, June 30! Yay!!
Prompted by the lovely producers of this conquest, Randi Lee and Imani Antoinette, I put together a youtube promo (btw, if any co-authors would like me to edit theirs similarly, let me know taratylertalks at the gmail email)
I'm also considering participation in these upcoming events:
with your hostesses:
Denise Covey & Yolanda Renée
The Storytime Blog Hop - for stretching your writerly wings in speculative fiction!
NEXT HOP JULY 27, 2016.
This is the 3rd StoryTime Blog Hop of 2016
Juneta Key has more info on her website side-bar, feel free to contact her if you're interested
What are you trying to accomplish this summer?
Happy Monday, y'all!