Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's Party Time!

My blogaversary is coming up! It snuck up on me. I can't believe I've been posting for almost a year. Well, I have to celebrate! And I hope you'll join me.


In honor of my one year of blabbing I am going to have a Blogaversary Blogfest! And what is a party without food? Nada party. So link up and on August 30th serve us your favorite party recipe, or any yummy favorite food or drink. (pictures are also nice)

Of course there will be some prizes! Here's how I will do it:
1. Followers who link up get a point (old or new).
2. Advertisers on blogs, twitter whatever each get another point (let me know)
3. If you join because of someone else participating, tell me who it was so they can get a referral point. It pays to advertise!

For each point, your name goes into the hat that many times. After the link closes I will use Randomizer to draw winners. 1st place = $20 Amazon GC, 1st, 2nd and 3rd all get an ad on my blog, plus an interview post =)

But wait, there's more!
Please comment on the recipes.
I will be totaling comments to see which recipes receive the most and I will put the top three into my Lazy Housewife book! and post their recipes on my sidebar with a link =)

It's my first blogfest so I can't wait to see how this goes and who brings what!


27 comments:

Fida Islaih said...

Hey! This sounds cool... we get to read about different kinds of food! I'm in! (:

Thanks, Tara! (:

Unknown said...

I'm in Chicky! Great idea for a blog fest. Happy Anniversary Tara Tyler Talks!

Fida Islaih said...

Okay, I know I just commented but I already racked up the points I can get, lol.

Okay...

+1 for being a follower
+2 for tweeting about it and blogging about it.

Thanks again! (:

John Teal said...

PAAARTY !!!

I'm planning my buffet contribution already !!

RJR daydreamer

John Teal said...

Put a picture link to here on my sidebar
Tweeted and liked on Pushnote....


RJR daydreamer

Saba said...

Fun giveaway and blog fest!! I want in. Oh, and I learned about your fun blog fest from Fida's twitter post :)

MISH said...

YAY !! Party time ... looking forward to it !

Abby Fowers said...

This is such a fun idea and congratulations on your blogiversary! That is so cool! I will get to advertising and blogging about it this coming week! Hmmm... now to come up with a recipe!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the one-year milestone!!!

Recipe? Me? How 'bout I bring the chips?

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

I am in, I love food. Sorry about the w/linky when I linked up, it was there in Mr. Linky and I didn't notice it.

Oh and happy blog birthday!

Tara Tyler said...

Fida, I'm excited about the foods too! Thx for advertising!
Yay, Nina! Thanks!
RJR, I knew I could count on you =)
Saba, welcome!
Mish, I cant wait to see what you bring =)
Bryce, typical guy, ha ha
Rhonda, no worries, glad you can make it!

Tara Tyler said...

Abby, thanks for coming! I know you'll bring something yummy =)

Catch My Words said...

Congratulations on reading your milestone.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

kjmckendry said...

Yeah for your Blogaversary! I'm so excited for your party! I love cooking!

Cathy said...

Sounds like fun!!

Heather M. Gardner said...

Great idea! I'll be there!

FirstTimeMom said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Alana said...

Ok, I'm all signed up! Now I'm going to have to think about how to writercize this one... ;)

Off to spread the word! :)

And ... happy pre-blogiversary!!

Alana said...

Ok - tweeted it and linked it up to my blog.

Are you on twitter? If so - how to find you?

Laura said...

I'm all signed up and have stolen your badge for my sidebar on Daily Dodo
Lxxx

Summer Ross said...

I added this to my blogfest page.

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

Happy Blog Birthday to you!

It's 30 August already in New Zealand. Here's mine:
Salt Brownie Recipe for Tara’s Blogaversary

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Blogaversary to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Blogaversary to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Blogaversary Dear Tara Tyler Talks, ♪♪
♪♪Happy Blogaversary to you.♪♪

Laura said...

mine's up... Happy Bloagaversary :)

Julie Flanders said...

I'm going to be late as I totally missed this earlier in the month, but I definitely want to join in and wish you a Happy Blogoversary!! What a fun idea. Woo-hoo, congrats! :)

Alana said...

JUST under the wire on this one - 3 minutes to go on the West Coast. ;) Frozen grown-up beverage and gorgonzola butter await your party!

John Teal said...

So sorry, I forgot that I would be away from home yesterday and didn't get to post !

Popular Posts