I had a nice piece ready to put up today and I wasn't going to bore you with my problems, but the ramifications are still being compounded by this one freak accident and looking back, it's sadly funny. So it's time for another installment of "The Good and the Bad."
It all started Sunday after church - things got messy. This deserves a horror-like rendition:
I heard a noise. A splashing, a sloshing, a trickling. I stopped my dinner-making in the kitchen to listen for the noise. I looked at the ceiling. Maybe a boy is washing his hands upstairs. I ignored it. Then it got loUDER! I hunched my shoulders, fearing what it might be.
"HEY! IS SOMEONE TAKING A SHOWER?"
No answer. Eerie chills and the possibilities of what it could be sent me racing upstairs.
I boldly bolted towards the sound of rushing water, loud like a waterfall. I braced myself for the terrifying image of what I dreaded to see.
"AAHHHH!!!" The terrible toilet had overflowed! An inch of water sat on the floor and the continued outpouring rushed down the VENT!
But never fear! Mom wasn't about to lose her head! I grabbed the plunger and ebbed the flow in seconds.
"TOWELS!!!" Tho the kids were freaking out, hiding in their rooms, they took their orders and offered assistance. We swabbed the floor, then went downstairs to inspect the damage.
Needless to say, it was BAD! And it was coming down the wall behind MY DESK! I rescued my computer and coffee cup warmer while the boys helped me save my piles of notes, postits, books, and disk drives. They were very GOOD! Then I rearranged the furniture and put out plastic, towels, and buckets.
Then we went to our football games.
- Monday. Started off well. Worked my first sub job of the year and totally enjoyed it. That's GOOD!
- Monday evening was busy! Lots of driving back and forth led to stress and small altercation with middle child. That's BAD.
- Tuesday. Great day at school. That's GOOD!
- Tuesday night. Busier! Practices, workouts and an open house! That's normal.
- Wednesday. I took the day off to grocery shop and for some strange reason my back was hurting. I must have pulled something moving the furniture. Ouch! BAD.
- Got thru shopping and laundry (GOOD), not good for back, but must be done - and what is that SMELL! (BAD) My house smells like a public park potty! UCKY!!!
- It was the carpet. So now we have to get the ceiling fixed and replace the carpet. And my back is still jabbing me. All from a little old accident. BOO HOO. Yeah for insurance! GOOD!
- Then this morning, my alarm didn't go off, so I didn't get up to help my oldest son get to the bus. BAD MOMMY!
- But he's such a great kid, he just did what he had to do. AWESOME!
- I woke up when he called for me to bring him his trombone. DOH!
- You may laugh. The telling is funny and no one was hurt (oh yeah, except me) and we get a new carpet that we were wanting to replace anyway! That's GOOD!
The End. Hope you've had a nice week. Ours hopefully won't get any worse. =)