And here is where I guide you through the Magic Kingdom! I realize many of you may have been here before so add your input!
: Each park has a big store/line of stores for your souvenier pleasure. The Magic Kingdom's is on MAIN STREET and the stores connect all the way down. Best time to shop is in the morning or during parades.
First we walk down main street. Unless you time it right and catch a ride on a trolley or other vehicle up to the castle. [: there's a "Tip Board" in the middle of the park with wait times and show times. There's also an app for that!]
I will rank the rides as we go through each section.
green - the best, never miss [: a good time to ride popular rides is during parades]
blue - also great
red - old favorites
orange - for the kiddies
FP - fast pass ride
: go to the left when choosing a line, they're usually shorter - I have found this works outside DW too.
So we start to the left and enter ADVENTURELAND. Feel the rhythm of the tropical music and steel drums as you walk through an old island marketplace.
- Pirates of the Caribbean FP- new and improved with an appearance by Jack Sparrow for a live show daily - and we love the shop after the ride.
- Jungle Cruise FP- the driver is the best part!
- Tiki Birds - can't believe it's still around, I haven't been since they updated it, but my sister said it was great
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin - similar to Dumbo, round and round, up and down =)
- Thunder Mountain Railroad FP- I don't like rollercoasters but I like this one. One of the few I will still go on.
- Splash Mountain FP- You will get wet and be lifted out of your seat on the drop.
- and Pecos Bill's is a nice spot for a quick lunch or you can take the train back to the front entrance.
- Haunted Mansion FP- I'd show you where all the secret passages are, but I don't want to spoil it for you =)
- Hall of Presidents - updated and a nice break from sun and crowds
- It's a Small World is on your left and Peter Pan's Flight FP is on your right, coming from Haunted Mansion.
- Then the walkway opens up and you can see Cinderella's Golden Carousel with the Sword in the Stone for kids to try and pull.
- A newer experience is Mickey's Philharmagic FP- a 4D movie.
- Don't forget the Tea Cups!
- Longest waits are for Dumbo and Goofy's Barnstormer
- You can catch the train back from here if you're getting tired! Maybe relax at the pool while the kiddies swim =)
- Space Mountain FP - if you don't have a fast pass, fugetaboudit.
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin FP - Superfun!
- Indy Speedway
- Carousel of Progress- great place to sit and rest and I love this old presentation!
- Transit Authority- another restful experience. funny thing - the last time we went, my husband and older son were on space mountain while we were on this and it runs through space mountain and space mountain broke down - it was lit up so we saw them sitting in the car on the track! ha haha!
- Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - audience interactive and hilarious!
|My sister and I took a picture of my parents - and they took a picture of us in Peter Pan's Flight and we didn't know it until we developed the pictures! Remember getting pictures developed?!|
Sorry I get so long winded - I just love talking about Disney! Is there anything you'd like to know or share?