Monday, October 17, 2011

Kick start Monday - What a slew!

Hope you all had as awesome a weekend as I did!

First, Happy Bday to my little guy - he turned 8 yesterday! Some company came down to celebrate with us. We played games galore and visited a pumpkin farm - loved the hayride, cider, corn maze and all the pumpkins!

Second, I got a bunch of great news! I won a copy of M Pax's sci fi novel, Semper Audacia - Yeah! AND I won a beautiful journal from Christina Rains! But the biggest news I got was being published in an anthology called "Letters to My Ten Year Old Self" put together by Nina Pelletier and Drew Nicholson (it's free for now!) Next Nina is calling for short submissions for another publication about winter/holiday stories. Go for it!

Can you believe October is already half over? There is still so much to do!
  • SUBMIT! I mean, please send submissions =) I put my first post for Unicorn Bell up today and am asking for submissions to be critiqued. So if you have a section with pacing difficulties, send it to me (taratylertalks * at * gmail * dot * com) . And/or stop by and see if you can help out someone else =)
  • I found the October Blog Hop at Shelly's - with treats!
  • I'm still going through the humungous list for the Pay It Forward blogfest - not only do you find new blogs on the list, then you visit the blogs they put up and some of them are doing it and so on and so on...(remember that commercial?) Anyway, I'm continuing on as long as I can stand it!
  • Not forgetting the Campaign challenge coming up and E. R. King's Killer Character blogfest (10/24-28)
  • And I hope you will drabble me a 100 word scary short on Halloween!
  • Lastly, I know some of you crazy writers are taking on the NANOWRIMO challenge. That is a dare, a race, a stressfest I could not handle unless I prepared, had an outline and pre-researched with a stack of notes before I could attempt it. Maybe some day...But good luck to everyone brave enough to do it!
What did I miss? I know I've seen others and can't remember. Guess that means my brain can't handle any more than that. My sister-in-law said, "If I put more into my brain, something else falls out!" That's why I write stuff down! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Weather here was perfect for the pumpkin patch and football. Yee haw!

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday to the little guy! Congratulations on winning Mary's book - you'll dig it. And yes, the list for the blogfest was huge!

Stina said...

Happy bday to the little dude.

I'm still tired after the Matt and Alex's blogfest. I found some great blogs to follow, but now I'm blogfest worn out for a while. ;)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! :)

Matthew MacNish said...

Congrats on your wins, M Pax is awesome. And Happy Birthday, bud!

Dana said...

Happy birthday to your son, and congrats to you! :)

Angela Cothran said...

Congratulations :) I'm so excited for you!

E. Arroyo said...

Some great info! And Happy birthday to your little man. =)

Christine Rains said...

Happy birthday to your cute guy! Great picture. My son wasn't in a good mood when we took him to the pumpkin patch the other Saturday. He doesn't smile on command yet! Thanks for the link and your journal will be in the mail some time this week. I won a copy of M Pax's new story too. Can't wait to read it! I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I hope I get the time for it. It's a wonderful creative rush.

Tara Tyler said...

thanks for the congrats and bday wishes, guys! he's thrilled to be 8 =)

Tara Tyler said...

Christine, yay for us getting m pax's book! thanks again, Mary!

And i can't wait to get my journal, exciting!

LynNerdKelley said...

That's such a cute pic of your little boy. 8 is such a fun age. Congrats on being accepted for the anthology. That's wonderful! I'm going to try NaNoWriMo for the first time. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew! LOL! Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment. The blogfest is super cool!

Popular Posts