My favorite health magazine! I just renewed after a lapse and will be posting tips from it bi-monthly.
Prevention, May 2011
Momma Sheryl Crow is featured - Can you believe she's 49!!
She looks awesome!
Selected Health & Beauty Tips:
- naturally whiten your teeth with - an apple!
- after soaking up too much sun at the ballpark, drench a thin cloth in milk and lay it on your face for 5 minutes - to reduce redness and calm irritation! (whodathunk!)
- want that candlelight glow all day? dust shimmery powder just under your brows.
- lose something? don't get mad, get glad - apparently when you're amused you think clearer.
- eat more tomatoes, carrots and peaches for a healthy, attractive glow from the beta-carotene (just not too much, don't want to look like an oompa loompa)
- the riper the banana, the more sugar and less healthy it gets
- eat more berries! and tuna! (not necessarily together)
- drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies and less junk (1600 cal/day and every 4-5 hrs)
- exercise (cardio & strength training - alternating every other day)
- get more rest