I think I got my Broken Branch Falls Release Form up and running... I appreciate all your help! And hey, no extras today =)
My plans for the A to Z challenge this year.
- Writing Advice
- Tidbits from BROKEN BRANCH FALLS, coming out in June (Titles of my posts are chapters in BBF, too)
- And some laughs at the end!
A to Z Writing advice:
Covers… The first impression! If readers don’t like the cover, they probably won’t bother reading the blurb or reviews or a single word. Title is important, but a picture is worth… you know. So your cover must stand out. It must show the reader a teasing glimpse of what they are getting from your story. They need to feel the vibe of the book, they need to want to enter the scene or find out more about it. The cover is the most exciting thing to show off and one of the most important marketing tools you have. And here is my advice on creating a fantastic cover –
- keep it simple, not too much detail or busy distractions
- the cover should make the reader feel what your book is about just by looking at it and know the genre right away
- colors set the mood as much as the pictures, bright or dark? cold or warm? loud or soft?
- use a professional, it’s worth it! don’t scrimp with clipart or do a favor for a friend who isn’t paid for their work, yet, unless you can critique their work without worry - you have to have it your way! Sorry kiddos, this is serious business and readers can tell the difference, use an artist
Visiting BROKEN BRANCH FALLS:
|Ms Shurshot - calculus teacher|
centaurs – equine bodies with, humanoid torsos and heads, extremely smart, mostly scholars
City of Learning – where the centaurs live and where The University is located
CRADLE ROCK – Book 2 of the BEAST WORLD series – Do humans still exist? Another exciting adventure with Gabe and Ona and Rove and some new friends, too!
C is for Children
Men can never be pregnant.
A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favorite foods, secret fears, and hopes and dreams.
A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.