But, wait! We forgot about the ALLERGIES!!!
Which brings me to my looooong day yesterday. These happen once in a while and this one was a doozy. And it's always when my hubby has to be out of town. Oh, well! Here is how it went:
- I was going to work so I had to wake up the 3 princes at 6 AM. Not pleasant, but not bad.
- The oldest has the worst allergies and has been getting worse for the past week, coughing a lot. He didn't want to go to school.
- I talked him into it and vowed to pick him up early.
- Dropped boys at neighbor's to put on bus and when I got to school they asked me to cover an extra class, so much for picking him up early.
- Worried about him all day. Emailed teachers, called nurse to check on him. He was fine.
- Since I didn't hear from him I went home, there was less than an hour left anyway.
- I walked the dog. When I came back in there was a message - "Mom, come get me."
- So I picked up sons 1 & 2 five minutes before the bell rang. I promised after all.
- Drop off older boys.
- Go pick up youngest for orthodontist appointment, 3rd wire broken in as many months.
- Run endless errands. Bring McD's home. (got something to say about it?)
- After dinner, oldest decides it's time to go to Dr.
- Pile into car and go to urgent care.
- Yep, bronchitis. 7:45 PM
- Hike across town to 24 hour pharmacy (of course I know where it is and that it's the only one - they greet me, "Tara!").
- Visit Walmart to kill time while prescription is filled (2nd trip there that day).
- Finally home by 9. Showers and bed. Whew!
It was time for a good stress-relieving cry or laugh or something.
PS - a few other items that added to my day:
- when I got home from work, there were 13 large boxes on my front porch to deal with
- 2 more lights blew out in my kitchen (so I replaced the one that's been out for over a week with the last new bulb)
- my youngest is getting tonsils out Friday but also has a cold - might have to reschedule. Dr. called me back and I missed call.
We only get thrown at us what we can handle and that was my limit yesterday. I think I'm coming down with the cold now...It never ends =)