Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's your favorite color?

Here is a list of colors and their connotations and some have examples. What's your favorite? Does it match your personality?

Red – strong feelings, love, warmth, intensity
redneck, red-hot, red-handed, paint the town red, seeing red

Blue – calm, sad, unappetizing, low temperature
blue moon, blue Monday, blue blood, the blues, and blue ribbon.

Green – nature, tranquility, lucky, healing, jealousy, good for learning, fertility, new
Green room, green thumb, green with envy, greenhorn

Yellow – hard to look at, frustration, increases metabolism, most attention getting

Purple – royal, wealth, wisdom, spirituality, exotic, artificial

Brown – strength, reliability, isolation, warmth, down to earth, comfort, conventional, sophisticated

Orange – energetic, enthusiasm, warmth, draw attention  

Black – evil, death, slimming
Black Death, blackout, black cat, black list, black market, black tie, black belt.

White – purity, innocence, spacious, cold, sterile

Pink – love, romance, calming

I got this information from: “Color Psychology, How Colors Impact Moods, Feelings, and Behaviors” by Kendra Cherry, About.com Guide

3 comments:

Deb said...

I love green and would say its description is a fairly decent match for my personality. The only exception is "jealousy." That's not to say I have no negative traits . . . it's just that jealousy isn't a frequently recurring one!

How about you?

Michelle Wallace said...

I'd say that I'm a multi~coloured personality . I love and wear lots of different colours ! If I had to choose , I would say leaning towards the browns/oranges ... that would be fairly close ...
~ MISH ~

Tara Tyler said...

Yay!
I'm purple (had a BIG purple pen collection in HS)

Deb - I always wondered why jealosy had to be green? maybe others are jealous of you!

Mish - well, brown is all the other colors put together, isn't it =)

Popular Posts