Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for April

And that title is my little April Fool's Day joke =)

It is time for the A to Z challenge!

This year I have a theme: BRAINSTORMING TITLES. 

Which comes first, the story or the title? I go both ways, usually getting a story idea, but sometimes a title can spark a story, like a prompt. For this challenge I have come up with some titles and blurbs of the stories to go with them. I encourage you to leave me an impromptu title matching the Letter of the Day, too! Here are my A titles...

AURORA – YA Fantasy. After Sleeping Beauty wakes up, Malifiscent’s daughter Malfucious wreaks vengeance on the kingdom. Aurora and Philip must go on a quest to find the talisman that will tame the evil princess.

ALWAYS AN EXCUSE – Commercial Fiction. Jake Gardenia is Peter Pan. But when he loses his money, his friends forsake him and he has to grow up and get a job, or a rich wife.

ANTI-LOVE – Women's Fiction. Julia Broziat is a successful divorce attorney who can turn a fissure of doubt into a chasm of hate before you can say compromise. Until an older couple’s determination puts a chink in her unbreakable heart.


WVDs of the Day:

aphystio – a person who has no problem bragging about their body

acclarat – someone who has to have the last word

archeri – what Cupid studies

adedab - answers to the test

abbled - tried really hard at something you know you can't do

30 comments:

michelle said...

A unique and interesting theme which only you can pull off in true Tara style!
Your titles and blurbs match perfectly!
A great start to the challenge!

Brinda said...

Hi, I'm also in A-Z and new to your blog. I'll follow. I love all those titles AND the new words at the end. I shall be using some of those if I can remember them. I think I know many acclarats. :)

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderful start to the challenge. most enjoyable to read.

Good luck with the rest of the challenge. I'll be back for sure.

Yvonne.

Sabrina A. Fish said...

Great idea! For 'A' I immediately thought of Arachnophobia. This topic always makes a nice horror story.

Checking in from the A to Z challenge. Great first post, lady!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Love this post! And I think your theme is great. Looking forward to reading the rest of the titles...

Good luck with the A-Z Challenge! :)

M.J. Fifield said...

I love this A to Z theme and I would love to read those three titles. They sound fun!

Sommer Leigh said...

I hate writing titles so very much. I can't wait to read what else you've got to say about it!

DL Hammons said...

Ohhhh.....I think I live with an acclarat! :)

McKenzie McCann said...

I love the idea of Always An Excuse. It has a Big meets Uptown Girls vibe.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Anti-Love sounds cute!

Great start to the challenge! These should be fun!

Happy A-Zing!

My A-Z!

Kelley Lynn said...

This is a very interesting theme! Love it.

Christine Rains said...

What a fun theme! I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :)

David M. Brown said...

I like the sound of Aurora :)

Annalisa Crawford said...

I think I'm a acclarat - especially when it comes to texts!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Excellent idea for the Challenge! You're going to get some good stories out of this.

Suze said...

This is the first blog I've seen pull some April Foolin'.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I love this theme for the challenge! And great titles!

Lynn Proctor said...

enjoyed your titles!!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Tara, you rock. What a fabulous theme! I love it! And may I just say, I think you should offer up your title creating services to the writing world.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful blog, Tara! It is SO cheerful. I'm glad you came over to my An Affair to Remember post and left a comment so I could meet you.

Those titles are wonderful. I especially like the second one. Made me laugh. Excellent!
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs

Unknown said...

I like the structure here. I had to catch up a couple of times last year just freestyling, so I am rolling with that again this year. If I am punctual all month, next year I will try to do something more ambitious!

Unknown said...

By the way, I always thought Aurora had the best name of all the Disney princesses.

Alana said...

Love the theme Tara! I think I will use it when brainstorming for the Picture Book Marathon next year!! Can't wait to see what B brings. :)

Alana

Adrienne said...

I really like your theme. I'm horrible with titles. Maybe your posts will inspire me!

Krista McLaughlin said...

Ooo, I like this theme! And those are some interesting A words!

Pa Ul said...

cool and lovely A
do check out my B at GAC a-z

Tara Tyler said...

thank you all, new & known!
i comment back at your place =)

Heather M. Gardner said...

You are so much cooler than me! I can't do that!
Love how your brain works.

abbled - I'll keep trying!

Heather

Brenda said...

I have brainfarts when it comes to what you're doing. I admire people who can write at the drop of a hat!
Again, Love your Wvd's!

Betty Alark said...

Your doing, great, Tara! You can do it! Your on a roll!

Popular Posts