Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q Day

Quickies for Q day
Q titles...

QUAKES - YA Sci Fi. Larken Rho seems to have seizures that last only seconds, but while she is out she is transported to another dimension for days at a time.

QUARTZ - Fantasy. In a world where gem stones give their chosen owner certain powers, jealous Onyx wants to overthrow leader, Diamond but young Quartz is the key to victory.

QBERT RETURNS - YA Sci Fi. Master gamer Dillon gets transported back in time through a quark and the only way back is to win an arcade mega challenge for the missing piece of a QBert game.


WVDs of the Day:

quessib - a nosy little brother or sister

quawks - surprises, or surprised sounds


Quit complaining! Need a bit of soul Quenching inspiration? Here's a quote from my fave writer of all time, Mark Twain! (taken from a poster in an english classroom)

"Let us endeavor to live that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry."

And hop over to Laura Marcella's Wavy Lines! for more Quick Quotes Qualified to lift your writing spirit!

*Titles & WVDs (word verification definitions) Quipped from my Queue!

23 comments:

Huntress said...

I looooooooove quartz. Even the name is cool.

Laura S. said...

Bahaha, Twain's quote is awesome!!!

Thanks for mentioning my quote days, Tara. :) For this A to Z Challenge I'm posting quotes on Wednesdays and Saturdays and in May quotes will be back on Mondays!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like quawks!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

QUAKES sounds good!

And I remember Q-Bert. :)

Amy said...

I like quessib and love that quote! :)

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Great quote. :) Gotta' love Mark Twain.
I love the look of your blog, by the way. It's really cool!

Heather M. Gardner said...

Quakes. That is a fantastic idea. Tara, you so rock!

Heather

M.J. Fifield said...

I love the idea of Quakes. You should definitely write that one.

Dana said...

Love Twain's quote. Seems like a lot of us are quoting today! :)

Brinda said...

I love your word for the nosy brother or sister!

Anonymous said...

Quessib and quawks ... I learned two new things today. And thanks for reading my books!

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I totally misread this in my Reader and thought it was Q is for Quickies and was expecting a totally different post.

I used to LOVE Qbert.

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Ooh, Quakes sounds awesome! I may steal that bunny. ;)

Lynn Proctor said...

i loved the undertaker quote!

Annalisa Crawford said...

I like the Quakes synopsis - I hope you're saving some of these to develop!

Ruth said...

I love Mark Twain quotes!

Leigh Covington said...

You lost me at "quickies." You can tell where my mind is today, huh? hehehe. JK. Maybe. :D

Unknown said...

Loving Quakes and the Mark Twain quote. This theme is so cool. :D

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Loving the premise of Quakes. Quessib is hilarious, both the word and definition. I definitely have annoying sibs.

michelle said...

A collection of classics!

Emily Genther said...

Quakes sounds interesting. Love the WVDs.

Christine Rains said...

I agree with everyone about Quakes. That would make a very cool story!

Tara Tyler said...

Hmm, quakes seems popular. i am noting the titles that get the most interest. we'll see...

thanks quintessentially!

Popular Posts