Thursday, April 12, 2012

K Day

K. Ready for today's K titles? I won't Keep you in suspense...

KICK ME - MG. Alternate universe where nerds are the cool rulers of the school picking on the beautiful people.

KANDY'S LAW - YA. Kandace Murphy maximizes on her bad luck.

KILL THE LIGHTS - Thriller. Blind Kearnin Arnold and his dog Quincy solve a mystery and get the girl.


WVDs of the Day:

Kuledn - race of people able to live and adapt in any setting

kesso - a beautiful, soul-defining kiss


One last bite of Special K.
My maiden name is Kibler. In 7th grade, our math teacher gave us all nicknames related to our last names. Instead of a cute one, like Elf for the Keebler elves, this old goof dubbed me Biscuit! He said it was because Kibler reminded him of cobbler (and his aide was already Elf). I guess Biscuit was better than Shoe. And definitely better than Bits! I hated that dog food commercial!

*Making up Titles & WVDs (word verification definitions) keeps me on my toes!

25 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Kibbles and Bits would've been so wrong!

Betty Alark said...

Funny one! I actually liked that dog food commercial! I can hear the dog now- haha!


http://bettyalark.blogspot.com/

Dana said...

Now I've got that commercial stuck in my head! LOL

Heather M. Gardner said...

Ooh. Kill the lights. Love that. And the name Kearnin is cool too!

Biscuit? Really. That's the best he could do? Old goof is right.

Heather

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Love that MG title! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Kick Me sounds like a thought-provoking book.
And Kuledn - able to adapt in any setting - love that! Shakespeare, and Tolkein would be evnious of your WVD definitions!

Precy Larkins said...

Kesso as a kiss...LOL! In Filipino, keso is cheese. So that one had me laughing. :DDDD

Jen said...

I love your definition of kesso! :)

Shallee said...

Ha, these are awesome! Love the WVDs. Your math teacher sounds like he at least kept things interesting!

Matthew MacNish said...

Lots of great Ks in your post!

Adena said...

Biscuit is still a cute nickname!

Unknown said...

Love your titles! Biscuit's not so bad. Lol!

Diane said...

Thanks for visiting my blog at www.dianeweidenbenner.com (IN MY OWN WORDS). I enjoyed reading your "K" day and several back posts. Keep 'em coming! This is the first time I've done the AtoZ challenge and I must admit it's fun!

Brinda said...

I want to read Kick Me!!

Brenda said...

Speaking of your Kick Me title. I vaguely remember a movie, probably back in the 70's, about a girl who was a nerd in school and treated horribly. As an adult she goes in and gets plastic surgery and the whole works to make her beautiful and then finds her old classmates and gives them heck...or something like that. It was a long time ago!

Jessica Marcarelli said...

I absolutely love the WVDs! What an awesome concept. May I steal it? ;)

Jessica
A to Z Blogger & SF/Fantasy Writer @ Visions of Other Worlds

Tracy Jo said...

I am in love with the word Kesso. So going to start using it. :-)

Jemi Fraser said...

Bits would have been plain old nasty!

Krista McLaughlin said...

I definitely would like a kesso - a beautiful, soul defining kiss. Where can I sign up for one of those? :)

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Oh, I would read Kick Me - sounds awesome!

kjmckendry said...

I like the one about the nerds running the school! lol

Catch My Words said...

When my son was pledge master of his fraternity, he gave all the pledges girls' names. Unfortunately, the name Mary Poppins stuck, and everyone still calls this young man by that wonderful name.

Kick Me sounds like my kind of book.


Catch My Words
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Biscuit! Oh no, oh Lord.

I love the premise of Kick me.

Tara Tyler said...

Glad you all liKed K day =)
I had fun reading your posts too!

Christine Rains said...

I want to live in the Kick Me universe!

Popular Posts