Ah, but here in the US, we are in the beginnings of cold & flu season, the only drawback to Fall =) Don't fret, Friday 4 U brings you some lovely LHW tips for October, to help stave off infections of all kinds! Plus a few Halloween ideas...
- "Wear a hat or you'll catch cold!" - debunked. You cannot catch a cold by being cold. However! When we are cold, we are more susceptible to invasion by germs. And heat leaves our body easiest from the head. So it is a good idea to wear a hat in cold weather!
- To keep germs away... You know to wash your hands/use sanitizer (which I overdid one year and now my skin is extra dry, peels all the time) Here are a few more sickness stoppers:
- When doing laundry, spray the dirty clothes baskets with disinfectant (Lysol) before putting clean clothes into them
- Sneeze or cough into the elbow, not the hand
- Keep sanitizer/wet ones handy - I have some in my purse and in the car
- Use rubber gloves for laundry and cleaning - this is age old, but it keeps me from having to wash my hands so much and keeps them from drying out so badly
- Sickie supplies - I try to have these items on hand all sick season long - crackers, bananas, Coke (the real thing!), tissues, tylenol and ibuprofen, Lysol or Oust and
- Coldeeze!!! I swear by this, take it as soon as you feel a cold coming on and it lasts less time and symptoms are milder.
- And when someone does get sick, quarantine them to one "sick" chair that can be sanitized when they get better - Clorox wipes and Lysol are awesome for that (with gloves!)
- I transform the scarecrows in the yard into scary creatures with old masks and capes
- I love my skeleton - he gets dressed up or posed in precarious positions every year - this year he's hanging in a lighted web!
- Window clings and gels are so cute! In addition to windows, they can decorate mirrors, too! (they stick best to clean flat surfaces, but be careful, some gels can stain, esp red!)
- Been Boo'd yet? I always buy some cute things on sale after the holiday for next year's Boo-ing!
- Morph suits are the big thing this year - single color, full body suits to wear alone or with a costume, for more anonymity?...strange, but whatever.
As for exercise - nada besides work and housework. This week I was preparing for my little guy's big bday sleepover and some company coming...I'm pooped! Sorry, guys. I'll do better next week!